When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Been a little depressed lately and thought I would share something that always makes me smile

Justasgood

My wife took this photo over 8 years ago and presented it to me for father's day. At the time, I had no idea she was in the room. My little girl was all I could see. The picture sits on my desk and when I noticed the set-up, it made me smile a bit more.

Let's see if anyone sees the irony:

IMAG0144.jpg

BTW, if you can't see it, I could send you the watch I am wearing today:

IMAG0145.jpg

Peace and Blessings,

Kurt.

Edited by Justasgood

I get it! I get it!

The clock lights up, and your daughter makes you light up!

Are you saying you're a digital clock? :g:

Have you been out in the snow again?

While she does make me light up and she certainly lights up a room, that is not the irony.

Perhaps irony is the wrong word......maybe "Symbolic" would be better.

Edited by Justasgood

Symbolic? Oh, well then that's easy. You're the old timer under glass now, and she's the brilliant electronic and incredibly precise model looking at you like "geez, old timer!"

Hey I have a daughter too! :wheelchair:

I'm guessing the pocket watch belonged to someone who once might have lovingly looked at you the way you are looking at your daughter in that Pic. Perhaps Dad or Grandpa?

Great Pic by the way - what is on your wrist?

Ooooh, close.

The watch on my wrist is a vintage Longines on a black strap with white stitching.......I think.

Symbolic? Oh, well then that's easy. You're the old timer under glass now, and she's the brilliant electronic and incredibly precise model looking at you like "geez, old timer!"

Hey I have a daughter too! :wheelchair:

DING DING DING, we have a winner. Old and new. Best days behind, a lifetime ahead. Though, I am not ready to be put under glass.

Best days behind?! I think NOT. Life is just getting better, me bucko. Perhaps a little slower, but hey ... that's just a reason to ring up the kids and have them come help the old man fell trees and split wood.

Yep, my kids love me. AND the splinters they get on my behalf.

Old Mechanical Pocketwatch, probably powered by a 6498......the picture frame of you, the old timer, and daughter .......and something new, like your daughter.... the digital clock~!

I have two of them and they make me proud.........oldest Sophomore in college; youngest a freshman in High school and both really good Volleyball players~!

Have fun with her before it's too late~! I give up my side business and Senior management position just to be with them (now mostly my youngest) almost all the time! It's fun being a Vollyball Dad!:victory: