When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sammy's Cool

freddy333

No question, Sammy was as cool as could be. I always liked the onyx dial for dress. It took some doing but I found one a couple of years ago in the President Day-Date. RolexPresidentOnyx.jpg

freddy, we seem to have the same taste in watches. Thankfully I already have this one. You're wearing me out!  :D

Datejusts are getting more popular on the rep forums lately. Might be because more and more dates and datejusts (15xx and 16xx) are getting canibalized for their movements. Gen datejust cases and dials are readily available for reasonable prices. I just finished an all gen 16030, silver stick dial, gen jubilee with ETA 2836 and it was surprisingly cheap to build as long as you can do all the custom assembly work yourself. The datejust is a beautiful and classic watch, and one of the most recognizable watches on the planet.

dizz

Now that's just the epitome of swank...lovin' it.

Thanks for a great post.

Yeah great piece! Smaller watches are back! Having been into big macho watches for five years or so I now find myself irresistibly drawn to this:

post-2870-0-44936100-1290532139.jpeg

The best news - it's one of my all-time favorite Rolexes - and it's cheap to get the gen :thumbsupsmileyanim:

mg

Edited by mastergod

I must admit, although I've been wearing my DJ to monitor while I tweak the timing, I think it's going to be a hard watch to take off when the timing is perfected. Even though I originally only intended it to be a 'black tie' watch, it's quickly earned a place as a firm favourite, as the dial is just so clear to read from :good: