When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

new prototype from our PT ! 6542 & 6541

pismo

I hear you M, it's pretty elaborate for a rep!...the 6541 might be a prime candidate for a 2465 movement swap! Would be simple, no date function to worry about!

I wonder if it's a good sign for an improved 1019 rep, though I'd imagine that the demand for one is pretty low!

Regardless of the apparent weaknesses of these prototypes, it's very encouraging to see that the Chinese factories are continuing to develop vintage pieces. I have to think that they're doing this in response to serious and sophisticated (also, good-looking) rep connoisseurs like ourselves. The average Joe on Canal Street (or Nigerian buyer in Guangzhou) won't care about any of the improvements over the last crop.

I just realized that I reported about the release of 6542 in May 2010

That sure sounds like the same rep to me. So it is neither a prototype nor being improved.

Once again, when it comes to believing what you read on sellers' websites, the old Russian proverb should always be in your mind - Trust, but verify. :thumbdown:

I found this while looking for something else. rep 6542. I've seen this picture before on several sites, at least one is a scam site. The difference here is that this one is $106 usd while the others were all well over $200. I emailed this one, asked for more pics. First he said he had no more pics but had the watch in stock. He pushed me to buy it, but I insisted on more pics, and he said he'd get them. When I insisted on more pics from that scam site last year they sent me pics of a very bad 1675. We'll see what happens here. 

Rolex_5233.jpg