When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this 1665 an MBW?

Zackb911

Just picked this up from a board member and want to confirm it's an MBW before I go dropping money into it to fix and modify it. The one thing that has me unsure is the case number. It's case 5790192, which is not the usual numbers for the 1665's and a quick search on the various boards couldn't bring anything up. Anyone know? Any other ways to quickly confirm?

Thanks!

Just picked this up from a board member and want to confirm it's an MBW before I go dropping money into it to fix and modify it. The one thing that has me unsure is the case number. It's case 5790192, which is not the usual numbers for the 1665's and a quick search on the various boards couldn't bring anything up. Anyone know? Any other ways to quickly confirm?

It's this watch:

Thanks!

Well, you could sell it to me for the same price if you're not convinced. :lol:

It's this watch:

http://www.rwgforum....824#entry907824

Thanks!

You bought this one from a regular contributing member who would know what he was selling. It is an older MBW, It matches the serial number on mine. I just checked. Mine dates from about 2006. I am in the process of upgrading mine with a better dial, Rolex 1570 movement genuine hands, it already has a genuine T-39 superdome , genune crown/tube. Shoot me a PM and I can send you some photos of mine. Also may have some partss you could use.

Thanks guys!

I wasn't worried about the member at all. Just wanted to confirm it as an MBW before I order a Clarks Superdome, Gen Crown, Get it serviced, etc. The fact that it's an "older" one as you state is key!

Thanks Again!

Also, at the price you got it for...It was basically a steal! Congrats, cos I missed this one due to different time zones. Dang! :black_eye:

Thanks guys!

I wasn't worried about the member at all. Just wanted to confirm it as an MBW before I order a Clarks Superdome, Gen Crown, Get it serviced, etc. The fact that it's an "older" one as you state is key!

Thanks Again!

Rather than get the movement in the watch serviced,. I would put in a 2846-2 which is a slow beat movement. The more recent 2836-2's are fast beat 28,000 as opposed to 21000. Those who know can tell the difference.

It's this watch:

Thanks!

Zack -the last three digits on the MBKs change, which is a nice touch since theyre not as frequently repeated. in my once large pile of empty cases from the factory only a few repeated, which made them kind of unique and more personal. the magic number youre looking for on the dweller is the "5790 _ _ _" same goes for the 5513/1680 case but "L342---". i wonder if this is a specific factory indicator as my buyer at MBK tells me theyre apparently sourced from about 3 different factories... maybe the shop owners blowing smoke to give them a colorful and mythical origin. either way $200 is stellar, a case alone comes close to that price. :good:

Edited by highoeyazmuhudee

Zack -the last three digits on the MBKs change, which is a nice touch since theyre not as frequently repeated. in my once large pile of empty cases from the factory only a few repeated, which made them kind of unique and more personal. the magic number youre looking for on the dweller is the "5790 _ _ _" same goes for the 5513/1680 case but "L342---". i wonder if this is a specific factory indicator as my buyer at MBK tells me theyre apparently sourced from about 3 different factories... maybe the shop owners blowing smoke to give them a colorful and mythical origin. either way $200 is stellar, a case alone comes close to that price. :good:

So is it safe to say that since my "MBW" 1665 starts with a 6193, it's not a true MBW?

So is it safe to say that since my "MBW" 1665 starts with a 6193, it's not a true MBW?

It could still be an MBW, it's probably not one of the old model MBW's from back around 2005-06. The older models take genuine parts.From what i'm reading some of the newer ones don't accept genuine parts such as dials, crystals, without modifications.