When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

There`s a problem

ArkoN

The glue under your insert is too thick on one side. Look at the top and then at the bottom of the insert in picture #1 ... see? The bottom is below the level of the bezel and the top (pearl side) is higher than the level of the bezel.

MAYBE your crystal is not seated ... that I can not tell you ... but your insert is definitely slanted from too much glue.

I'd pull off the insert and have a look at that first, but there are many posts about crystals not being seated properly from the factory. When you get the insert off, you should be able to see whats going on. If you dont have a crystal press, you could use a bench vice and some pieces of wood carved to the right shape to press on the crystal and case without damaging it. Just be sure not to use tooooo much force, as you dont want to break the crystal or mangle the crystal gasket or anything.

If it were me, I'd uncase the movement, press the crystal out, THEN remove the bezel insert. That way you can get an Xacto knife blade under it without trying to twist or torque it up (no risk of breaking it). Then, while I was in there, I'd epoxy the HE valve. Then reassemble everything. Less than an hour of work (less than 10 minutes, with the right tools and if you skip the epoxy) and that way you know everything is done right.

I used a c-clamp with wooden shims before I got a crystal press, as long as you're careful that works fine.

It sure looks like the insert is canted, not the crystal. Clearer photos would help, but it's definitely higher on one side. It's proud of the bezel rim on ons side and below or flush on the other. I think the slanted insert is giving you the illusion that the crystal is slanted.

I would take sneed's advice. definitely expoxy seal the HE valve. On every DSSD I've seen, the HEV operates opposite from the way it's supposed to i.e. pressure from the outside rather than the inside!

Were it mine (& I did not have the proper tools along with experience uncasing & crystal pressing) I would leave well enough alone. No one can see that .5mm difference other than you & I think you are likely to make things worse by messing with it. If it really bothers you, find a rep-friendly watchmaker to see if he can r&r the crystal for you.

thanks everyone for youre tips and help^^

So I when I rotate the bezel 180 degrees that the perl is on 6 o`clock. The crystal is still too thick on that side, but not that much anymore. So its a little bit a combination then.

But the crystal is from the number 40 to 20 in the bezel too high.

I dont know a rep friendly watchmaker. There some watchmakers out here in switzerland, but dont know who`s rep friendly. Whats the best way to find this out?

pop it, repress it, done this many a time on received reps.

I never done that :-)

pop it? means, take it out?

Where in Switzerland are you? I used to live in Geneva.

I^m located in Basel

-- For more pictures from this watch, have a look at this thread http://www.rwgforum.com/topic/125419-just-another-dssd-from-josh-ultimate-version-correct-10/

(on the last picture on this thread, u see in the background the building with the big watch, thats the place where the "Basel World" is held)

Edited by ArkoN