When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PO 42 mm Ultimate - is it finally here ?

z3k0

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has many flaws. It will be a good base for modding but it is far from a finished product. End links do not look good and looking at the pic on the timer they seem to have the big gap issue as 4th gen models did. The crown is down right horrible and will need the genuine tube and crown mod straight away!

The other things are small fussy bits I guess but they will eat at you until you give in to the gen parts route!!! :Jumpy:

Sure am buddy, I love these projects! I have asked King for my watch and already ordered a crown and tube :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I wonder if this case mould is any differrent from the 4th gen in it's basic forum. I will do my bit to help the form when it arrives and gets stripped ready for action!

Thanks for those pics. Flaws spotted so far (by me or other members) and how will affect real life use:

1. The Omega logo is indeed sitting a bit too low. Too bad, it's worse than the happy feet, since it's easier to spot in real life.

2. IMO the He valve should be just a tad higher. Extremly hard to spot and I could be wrong.

3. The number on the endlinks is upside-down. Not really an issue while wearing the watch.

4. The pearl. Factories still can't nail this one. It's just awkward. Not exactly in place, should be more recessed, etc. The easiest tell in this rep, I believe.

5. The crown is sticking out more than it should. Quite hard to tell without a gen reference next to it.

6. The endlinks might have the infamous gap. If true, it's a big problem.

No doubt that this is the best we've seen since the 4th gen, it's a bit better than the 4th, but we'll have to wait and see if it takes gen parts.

I have to say i'm a little disappointed after looking at the pics several times.

No need to say dial must be replaced with a gen to have a keeper, i thought in a bigger improvement after the Ploprof (a real masterpiece).

Omega logo is not much better than in the 4th gen (UPO new logo looks better.. :whistling: ) , dial writings are probabily less accurate and that's something you cannot fix.

Pearl is definetely better but not perfect at all.

I just hope the bracelet has no big gap and we can use gen parts (dial and insert).

I think it's a great rep! That's what it is.... a replica. Although not a 100% aesthetical accurate it makes a damn fine watch to wear and let's be honoust. Who will ever tell the difference?

I love the double AR, serial#, case back, hands, pearl and clone movement option (after I've serviced it it will run like a champ)

When these threads evolve the following thing always comes to mind..

God grant me the serenity

to accept the things I cannot change; = possible bracelet gap

courage to change the things I can; = Dial swap

and wisdom to know the difference. = I'm a veteran, believe me I know ;)

:bangin:

What the Community needed was a new 42mm Planet Ocean replica which accepts genuine parts, to take the place of the 4th generation 42mm Planet Ocean replica, which has been out of production for (almost 2 years?)

Here it is.

Gen crown and tube, gen dial/hands, Chieftang AR on the crystal .. and .. you're 97% to the finish line.

Seriously .. what's to complain about. *it's a replica*, costing around 1/20th the price of the real item.

Congrats to the factory and their designers.

Also notice that the bottom of the pearl on the gen just kisses the silver paint ring on the bezel insert. Its the same on the replica .. it just kisses the silver paint ring. People asking for a higher pearl are just plain wrong.

I will totally admit that the distance the pearl sticks out may be too much.

Adding to my list, keep in mind, I'm well aware to the fact it's a rep and willing to accept imperfections. I just want to keep track, and hopefully be able to fix as many as possible.

Thanks for those pics. Flaws spotted so far (by me or other members) and how will affect real life use:

1. The Omega logo is indeed sitting a bit too low. Too bad, it's worse than the happy feet, since it's easier to spot in real life.

2. IMO the He valve should be just a tad higher. Extremly hard to spot and I could be wrong.

3. The number on the endlinks is upside-down. Not really an issue while wearing the watch.

4. The pearl. Factories still can't nail this one. It's just awkward. Not exactly in place, should be more recessed, etc. The easiest tell in this rep, I believe.

5. The crown is sticking out more than it should. Quite hard to tell without a gen reference next to it.

6. The endlinks might have the infamous gap. If true, it's a big problem.

7. Date font is fainter as usual, and very noticeable if you look for it.

8. Crooked hour marks. Again, this happens a lot, but can also occur in a gen, and hardly noticeable anyway.

No doubt that this is the best we've seen since the 4th gen, it's a bit better than the 4th, but we'll have to wait and see if it takes gen parts.