When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PO 42 mm Ultimate - is it finally here ?

z3k0

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hands too short. Pearl wrong, omega logo wrong. Im checking against my gen now and can't really see how this is an improvement as you still need to buy the same gen parts to franken it as previous versions. AR is nice mind. By you the time you franken one of these, you will probably be about £300 shy of a good condition used gen.

Jkay.. I think you're working for the rep factories becuz ur doing a good job of convincing us to get this :)

As I look out over my vast storehouse of replica watches, I laugh maniacally .... :crazy: MUUUHAHAHAA!! :crazy:

Seriously tho, people who pick apart $260+ reps and act disappointed over fractions of a mm, when they are going to franken it anyway. I feel sorry for them. What you read in my text is not anger, but concerned frustration for their mental health.

or is it frustrated concern ?? :crazy:

Hands too short. Pearl wrong, omega logo wrong. Im checking against my gen now and can't really see how this is an improvement as you still need to buy the same gen parts to franken it as previous versions. AR is nice mind. By you the time you franken one of these, you will probably be about £300 shy of a good condition used gen.

Unquestionable point :(

If dial and bracelet suck there's almost no improvement compared to the old 4th gen, you still need a gen dial.

Assuming this new version can accept gen parts for real, still to be proved afaik.

The only improvements seem to be the insert (still not perfect though) and the metal movement holder. :whistling:

I almost forgot... serial number on the lug as well. :rolleyes:

Unquestionable point :(

If dial and bracelet suck there's almost no improvement compared to the old 4th gen, you still need a gen dial.

Assuming this new version can accept gen parts for real, still to be proved afaik.

The only improvements seem to be the insert (still not perfect though) and the metal movement holder. :whistling:

I almost forgot... serial number on the lug as well. :rolleyes:

The 4th gen had a terrible pearl, and a mediocre dial. You had to replace both of them in order to get a nice watch, and some would say that the endlink gap was a deal breaker. The 5th gen has a mediocre insert and dial and assuming it takes gen parts and doesn't have the gap problem, you can replace the dial, and leave the insert as is, or replace later on. Build your franken one piece at a time, and still enjoy a very nice watch during that time.

It is also quite nice for most ppl out of the box, which you can't say about the 4th gen (I don't see how anyone could enjoy their watch with that pearl). It is indeed an upgrade, but not the one most of us anticipated. I really don't mind most of the flaws, but the logo position is very annoying and probably quite obvious to the naked eye.

Buy a Seiko and it will be perfect :lol:

Being an old Seiko fan (still have one watch), I want to comment on this, even seeing the price of rep that is going higher and higher, I prefer to pay for a rep with a some "little" flaws instead of a watch for the same price (I don't talk about Grand Seiko here guys) that don't have sapphire, no AR, folded link bracelet, no sophisticated case finish. There's always some flaws on rep. There's some exception (Seamaster Chrono, some sub, etc.) but they are pretty rare. Waiting the Saint Grale, you will wait and wait and will NEVER be happy. Rep factory are not perfect and they will always make some stupid flaws. Accept it.

I was about to pull the trigger on the watch (I currently own a POrikka), but the more I look at it, the more I dislike that pearl. To me, it's the key factor for a good PO rep, and it seems that this one screams fake. Now, don't get me wrong, the POrikka's pearl is anything but accurate. In fact if you compare accuracy, the 5th gen is much better. The thing is that on the POrikka it's almost un-noticeable since it's very recessed, and on the 5th gen it looks like its popping out and demanding the unwanted attention....

I'm gonna wait and see what people think of it in real life. Pics are known to magnify these flaws, and I could be (and hopefully am) wrong.

If it's like the SSD, just wait for the V2 or v3 or v4 or ultimate version of the PO 5th gen. But be aware, the price will rise up too...it's the new game for rep marketing, coming out with a version, and improve it, and improve it and justify to selling it $399 for the v5 of the PO5th <_<

Here is a better look at the pearl. I found this picture from RWI. Since I already have a 45 PO, I'm thinking about the one with diamond bezel. If I don't like the diamond bezel, I can always replace it with a gen bezel, besides the diamond bezel looks like having better pearl...

The dw looks a little bit sunken for reason...

ChtNo.jpg