When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

search function officially sucks!

Prsist

Because 3 letter keywords are ignored in the final query agianst the database, It is possible for both mysql and IPB to change these settings to work with 3 or less characters.

This is why I recommend our fearless leaders look into Lucene plugin.

I just use Google to search RWG anymore.

Here you go:

site:rwgforum.com GMT II

rwgsearch.jpg

That's odd. Make sure you have selected Forums next to the search term (it defaults to "This Forum") That would be why you only get this thread. :D

When I do a search through Forums and type in GMT Master I get 728 posts

I did that and same ol same ol but, the site:rwgforum.com did the trick!

Someone really needs to fix it. A lot of people have problems besides myself. Might help the noobs and goons like me from asking redundant questions! We all would like that

That's odd. Make sure you have selected Forums next to the search term (it defaults to "This Forum") That would be why you only get this thread. :D

When I do a search through Forums and type in GMT Master I get 728 posts

On my 8th try it returned results. it was the first time I had two options: Forum or this thread.

just a suggestion, the limit for 3 characters perhaps should be removed. sometimes the 2 characters is useful ,eg. sinn u2 , gmt ii, dssd v5 and so on.

where the 2 char may be the model number. just searching the base word may return a lot more than what i'm looking for.

just a suggestion, the limit for 3 characters perhaps should be removed. sometimes the 2 characters is useful ,eg. sinn u2 , gmt ii, dssd v5 and so on.

where the 2 char may be the model number. just searching the base word may return a lot more than what i'm looking for.

+1. This should be a simple change in a PHP file.

This topic has been covered many times. Try using the search function next time and save the bandwidth for important posts..........like mine :black_eye:

Seriously!

How often does someone ask a question, and someone harps back "use the search function"?

In reality, the question-asker probably already tried the search function and was c0ck-blocked because it is practically useless.