When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some Ubi Projects...

ubiquitous

Just wanted to share a couple of projects I'm working on here and there as time permits. Since it's a bit slow on RWG lately, I thought I'd post here instead of the watch repair/upgade section :lol:

1) YM 16622- Mods to date:

-Genuine crown/tube

-2 stage CG's

Inner CG edge is a 2 stage shaping- My goal was to achieve a similar appearance to the genuine:

126008-20357.jpg

126008-20358.jpg

126008-20359.jpg

I farmed out the CG shaping to someone else, as I knew that shaping like this would have been beyond my capability.

Just waiting on the custom dial to finish it.

2) The second 16520 El Primero Daytona- Mods to date:

-Polished lug surfaces to clean up prior scratches

126008-20360.jpg

126008-20361.jpg

126008-20362.jpg

126008-20363.jpg

I'm thinking of building this one into a white dial version on a honey gator strap (though I may decide to go with a different case instead). This will be along the same lines as my other El Primero Daytona frankenstein, using a gen EP 400, dial, etc.

Both pieces are still a bit rough, as they are in their pre-liminary stages (i.e. please don't mind the mess while under construction) :lol:

Any questions or comments, please let me know!

Best,

R

Personally, I'm not a huge YM fan (gen or rep) but I'm sure you'll make it awesome. I think the guards look good on it already.

And another Daytona, huh? You're unstoppable. :)

You want comments?? :unsure:

Ok Randy, I hope you're building this next Daytona for me! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Agreed this request might be a bit much but hey it's the Internet...........you can ask for anything here! :D

No doubt these projects are going to have us all squirming with envy onced they are done, this forum is a far better place because of your input.

Thanks Randy :group:

Ken

I think the only Daytona I'd get now is a gen (fat chance) or a franken like this, except I don't have the same skill to do this :black_eye:

Keep up the great work :1a:

:)

Just a few more pics... Again, please disregard the rough dial on the white Daytona- It's in place for mock up purposes (same with the strap)...

126091-20335.jpg

126091-20336.jpg

As for the YM- I won't be selling the dials per se, as I'm not a dealer. Rather, I can help direct trusted members to the source to procure your own :3a:

Cheers,

R

Guest chronomat123

Ubi,

You never cease to amaze me. That YM looks amazing.

As for the Daytona... well, my eyes just fill up with tears. Beautiful.

lol...

Are you going to try to get endpiece connectors for the leather strap such as on a gen 18k + leather Daytona?

This Daytona is going to kill Manuel... he need one... ubi, help my friend :)

It has alredy killed me. :o

does anybody knows if we can obtain stainless steel cases from a resin or silicone mold?

Perhaps Randy would be so nice (oh yes he is) and make a cast from this empty case.

Who is experienced with CNC machines?

It seems that nowadays little cnc machines are part of every guy with skilled hands...

That would be the first step. We all know these cases are extremely scarce.

Remember this?

126551-20238.jpg

126551-20239.jpg

126551-20240.jpg

126551-20241.jpg

126551-20242.jpg

126551-20243.jpg

This was a project from a japanese watchmaker, Kazuhide Hirano. I think his work has alredy been talked about here.

He used urethane resin.

Do you think that this project is much difficult?

Who can cuplicate a resin case to a 1:1 steel case?