When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I asked Josh if there would ever be a 177L with a dagger swan neck

Martyd3

Like most it doesnt bother me either but I do have an LH to go in it so its a non issue :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Also I think Josh is inclined to answer like that as he wouldnt want anyone waiting when they can buy now !! ;)

very true...these guys are just the distributors....as Andrew told me...they do provide a bit of feedback to the factories...but in the end, they have to live with whatever the factories put out...they are the sellers.....at least that's what he told me...

another thing to think about is that these factories may put out a batch of 1000 pieces....and until they are all sold, they do not consider any type of modifications.....if they even consider it at all.

these other distributors like Tony, Lay, Andrew, Josh, etc....they get whatever comes in...tack on their profit and handle the hosting, shipping and limited customer service.

Like most it doesnt bother me either but I do have an LH to go in it so its a non issue :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Also I think Josh is inclined to answer like that as he wouldnt want anyone waiting when they can buy now !! ;)

Honestly, it's not that big of a deal. If you are trying to pass it off as a gen, put a Gen movement in there because anyone that knows that the real movement has a dagger instead of a needle is going to spot the fake movement anyway. :black_eye:

Exactly, Miles is spot on here. If they are knowledgable enough to spot the dagger flaw, they will immediately see the movement flaw (fake), dagger or no dagger.

+1 on the Sarge and Miles

Blimey the OP print or the Y incabloc etc etc is easier and quicker to see than the dagger!!

If it bothers you that much as Miles says buy the gen movement or get Jakob to make you a solid case back personalised...its the sort of thing a gen owning risti might do anyway ;)

It does not bother me either as I am going to put in a OLD school eta 6497-1 with VERY fine CDG ( and dagger regulator )on the movement.

I have found that the SWISS eta ( both non china-modded and china-modded ones) is working better than the 100 % china eta movements!)

I've had an EL217 without dagger and I've done the following:

I've removed the "needle" from the swiss movement and had it replaced with a dagger from a cheap 35$ asian6497. It took about 30 minutes and was worth the work. Just try it here, too. Maybe it'll work.

Just disassemble the watch. The dagger ist just popped on the shock system. Simply peel it of carefully and push the new one in place. And after then you have to regulate the movement again. I'd say try it first on a broken movement. And take care of the spring and the balance wheel. The dagger is holding them in place.

Hope this helps a bit

• 1 month later...

Just disassemble the watch. The dagger ist just popped on the shock system. Simply peel it of carefully and push the new one in place. And after then you have to regulate the movement again. I'd say try it first on a broken movement. And take care of the spring and the balance wheel. The dagger is holding them in place.

Hope this helps a bit

Kind of a silly question, but my 177 is crazy fast (4-5 minutes an hour), How do I regulate it?

Kind of a silly question, but my 177 is crazy fast (4-5 minutes an hour), How do I regulate it?

You may have a tangled coil spring...Let the watch unwound and stop...lay it flat on the table and knock it a few time to bounce the coil spring so it untangles...This should fix your problem...

This is all anyone needs to do. Go to Ofrei,...

http://www.ofrei.com/page206.html

They have the Swiss 6497 for 140.00 bucks. Drop it in and whammo!. It does not say Panerai on it but it is a better engine than the asian, and if you have a Pam with a solid caseback, all is good./:victory:

• 2 weeks later...