When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 253I Ultimate...Opinions Please

cuervoz

Just saw the watch on Josh's site and really interested in getting one. Has anyone seen this in person? The description claims that "all parts directly interchangeable with genuine....product of PAM 288K Maker"

Is this correct? The price is IMO low. Can someone enlighten me as to who PAMM 288K is. Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays!

Dont take in the interchangeable bit mate ;)

Overall this loks like another great rep OK it has flaws...Older movement, 12 and 6 shape CG, mineral glass etc etc but for the money this is another good show :)

My 253 and 212 should be here next week so I will let you know :)

I am surprised no one mentioned the 212 yet. Compared to the 253, the 212 is a much more accurate rep. On the 253, I am not sure the blue chrono seconds hand color is accurate and the hob nail texture appears a bit less pronounced compared to the gen 253 dial. Would love to get both but I think my money is with the 212.

@Pete - you mentioned the 12 & 6 shape, what's wrong with it? Looks pretty much spot on to me including the indices/markers thickness.

Edited by R_Squared

That gen pic is too over-exposed to tell whether the color of the blue chrono hand matches the rep. But I am not sure it does. I will be very very impressed if it does. Also, the hob nail texture on the rep dial is not pronounced enough and hard to see (or maybe its just the pics). On the gen, the hob nail texture is very apparent at all angles. I am not saying this is a bad rep but those would be my concerns if I were to get one.

That gen pic is too over-exposed to tell whether the color of the blue chrono hand matches the rep. But I am not sure it does. I will be very very impressed if it does. Also, the hob nail texture on the rep dial is not pronounced enough and hard to see (or maybe its just the pics). On the gen, the hob nail texture is very apparent at all angles. I am not saying this is a bad rep but those would be my concerns if I were to get one.

Yeah...what you said :) Sounds significantly more eloquent when you say it!

Yeah...what you said :) Sounds significantly more eloquent when you say it!

Hahaha ... just trying to be constructive here.

You mentioned the following flaws:

1. Font on Tachy is incorrect

2. Oval on Tachy hand is too small

3. Second hand at 3' is incorrectly lumed.

Agree on #1 but more of a boldness issue than font. But I am not seeing the issue you have on #2 and #3 - these things are never going to be 100% like gen and mostly only noticeable in the realm of loupes, so I wouldn't think these are "flaws" per se.

Hahaha ... just trying to be constructive here.

You mentioned the following flaws:

1. Font on Tachy is incorrect

2. Oval on Tachy hand is too small

3. Second hand at 3' is incorrectly lumed.

Agree on #1 but more of a boldness issue than font. But I am not seeing the issue you have on #2 and #3 - these things are never going to be 100% like gen and mostly only noticeable in the realm of loupes, so I wouldn't think these are "flaws" per se.

Very good observation. Overall it appears to be one of the best out of the box reps!

Well I'm going to get one, minor flaws and all. I think it looks pretty darn good the way it is.

I bought a 253 about 3 years ago from Joshua and this one is a huge step up, so I'm happy.

One of the best looking Pams, and it wears beautifully on my slim 6.5" wrist.

Im excited about the watch even with the minor flaws. Just wish there was a Luminor 1950 Regatta Rattrapante Ultimate rep :thumbsupsmileyanim: As far as I can tell, both King and Josh have the same watch. I've messaged both on watches in the pas and Connie seems a lttle faster on replies than Josh. What's everyone's preference as the better seller?