When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Replica Stolen In Burglary

Febus

Sadly I was the victim of a sneak thief a few weeks ago who entered our house while my girlfriend and I slept. In addition to taking our credit cards and money he also took my silix supplied Omega Seamaster. While it brought me some joy to think of the dismay when the thief realised it's a fake I also didn't want to take the hit as I have insurance.

So I filled in the forms, wrote clearly 'replica Omega ETA' on them and waited for the outcome. The cheque came yesterday and they've paid out for a genuine. :o

So the question is this, do I tell them? Or do I buy myself a few new reps and a tank of fuel for my car? (petrol costs $12 a gallon here)

Sadly I was the victim of a sneak thief a few weeks ago who entered our house while my girlfriend and I slept. In addition to taking our credit cards and money he also took my silix supplied Omega Seamaster. While it brought me some joy to think of the dismay when the thief realised it's a fake I also didn't want to take the hit as I have insurance.

So I filled in the forms, wrote clearly 'replica Omega ETA' on them and waited for the outcome. The cheque came yesterday and they've paid out for a genuine. :o

So the question is this, do I tell them? Or do I buy myself a few new reps and a tank of fuel for my car? (petrol costs $12 a gallon here)

what goes around comes around.. as they say.

they paid you for the gen one...so go for the gen!...and buy your gf something...

The funny thing is I wouldn't want an Omega 'Bond' seamaster as a genuine, in fact since the theft it's made me think do I want any genuines at all. That's how gutted I was at the loss of a $150 rep, never mind the $400 cash!

My better half is about to become proud owner of an explorer I rep if I ever get any replies from our esteemed dealers! As for me I'm not sure to replace the seamaster rep like for like or go for something different. Things have moved on in the rep world since 2004 when I bought the piece and there are some frighteningly accurate reps out there now (I go for accuracy more than anything else).

Only $400 for a gen SMP? Get yourself a new rep and buy a tank of petrol.

I probably wasn't clear the $400 cash was mine, it was stolen along with the silix rep. The actual payout was €1800 for the watch.

edit to add: the amusing thing was I've only lived in this country for a few months and thus only been paying premiums for that time!

Edited by Febus

Keep the money and dont feel bad about it. :)

Its not like its a fraud if you did infact set replica in the claim.

Febus, you are blessed! :D you had intruders IN your house, you and your girlfriend are alive and got yourself a bonus...!!!!( :) buy yourself a nice watch and spend some of the windfall in toys for the kids in the pediatric ward in your nearest hospital...it's going to be Xmas soon... :victory: ... a Robin Hoodesque and moral move!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim: )

I'm sincerely glad you and your gf are OK!

Cheers

Alex

As an agent in insurance, most likely you are home free. However, if they audit their claims, which they all do, you may get caught.

What value did you assign the watch? If you said $300, you're probably fine. If you put $3000, that's fraud... They like to make examples of people like you... :bangin: