When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new Skyland Avenger Code Yellow

wimpie007

Hi guys,

Yust received this from a very nice fellow dutchie and Geek ;-)

Damn i'm impressed!

Having held the gen this one is close! (The watch head)

Awesome AR and nice brushing of the bezel. Chrome numerals like the gen

I slapped on my old bracelet and like that look better than the new Ocean racer strap, maybe i'll slap on a older style ocean racer.

On to the pics:

On the OR:

IMG_20701024x768.jpg

IMG_20691024x768.jpg

On the bracelet:

IMG_20781024x768.jpg

IMG_20771024x768.jpg

IMG_20761024x768.jpg

IMG_20751024x768.jpg

IMG_20741024x768.jpg

The lume:

IMG_20721024x768.jpg

hey Wimpster...

looks great...wear it well...love this model...

you should hunt down a 4mm thick black strap with yellow stitching, too...

say - have you checked out the movement?...just wondering if its decorated or not...i assume this is manufactured by the same factory that makes the v3 skyland...

R-

Impressive! I like how they used mirrored hands

hey Wimpster...

looks great...wear it well...love this model...

you should hunt down a 4mm thick black strap with yellow stitching, too...

say - have you checked out the movement?...just wondering if its decorated or not...i assume this is manufactured by the same factory that makes the v3 skyland...

R-

Thanks guys!

Hi Rob!

Won't be opening this my friend;-) Not yet anyway ;) ;) B)

Either a cool black strap with yellow stitching or a brushed bracelet for a seawolf if i can find one

Good idea?

God, I love the Skyland. That looks perfect! The lume dots look excellent, too.

I can appreciate your apprehension to opening the back, but it's something you should probably consider. You're not new, so i'm surprised with your answer? Forgive, since you probably know this, but just in case you don't i'd rather tell you then see something bad happen to your babies. A lot of times, they come loose from the factory, so you will want to check that its screwed down nice and tight, but before you do that, mine as well check that there is an o-ring installed. A little inspection that theres no pubes, or bolts rolling around freely is also not a bad idea (both have happened!). Theres such variation with movements that it is nice to confirm what you have under the hood. For instance, on this, I would want to know if there was a decorated movement and a micro adjust lever. A quick look without touching anything is close to impossible to cause any problems.

You probably do this already and have some valid reason why you said you aren't doing it yet with this piece, and i've wasted my breath... hahaha :animal_rooster:

I can appreciate your apprehension to opening the back, but it's something you should probably consider. You're not new, so i'm surprised with your answer? Forgive, since you probably know this, but just in case you don't i'd rather tell you then see something bad happen to your babies. A lot of times, they come loose from the factory, so you will want to check that its screwed down nice and tight, but before you do that, mine as well check that there is an o-ring installed. A little inspection that theres no pubes, or bolts rolling around freely is also not a bad idea (both have happened!). Theres such variation with movements that it is nice to confirm what you have under the hood. For instance, on this, I would want to know if there was a decorated movement and a micro adjust lever. A quick look without touching anything is close to impossible to cause any problems.

You probably do this already and have some valid reason why you said you aren't doing it yet with this piece, and i've wasted my breath... hahaha :animal_rooster:

+1...totally agree...decorated or not, there's plenty of reasons - as stated above - to open it up for a look...most of the reps' casebacks are easy to get off with a wad of sticky tape...worth checking it out quickly...

+1...totally agree...decorated or not, there's plenty of reasons - as stated above - to open it up for a look...most of the reps' casebacks are easy to get off with a wad of sticky tape...worth checking it out quickly...

You guys are killing me :p

Yes there was an O ring LOL,

Also decorated movement and regulator ;-)

IMG_20881024x768.jpg

IMG_20861024x768.jpg

IMG_20851024x768.jpg

IMG_20871024x768.jpg

Congratulations on your beautiful Code yellow. To bad they didn't go a little bit further and get the rehaut numbers right. The gens rehaut numbers are close In color to the sub dial hands,the reps are a bit off. Outside of this minor flaw It Is a very well done rep. :drinks:

I own a gen of this watch (No. 777 of 1000) and I must say that this is a v good rep. Dial is great (especially the lume dots that they finally fixed on this version of the skyland).Only flaws I can see are:

- AR - More purplish on the gen than blue

- 1@15 - It's got the V3 Bezel numbering with the incorrect 1.

- "Swiss Made" missing on dial.

- Caseback incorrect. Should have part of the case back stamped with Edition Limitie 777/1000.

Apart from these tells, It's a great copy for the money. Wear it well. :)

• 2 weeks later...