When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

16030 Datejust plexi question

Dizzy

Question for the experts

I've got this gen 16030 Datejust with ETA 2836 and I never wear it. Its too small and boring with the silver dial.. I want to turn it into an old Explorer I using this Yuki dial.

Yuki Exp dial

My question is, what non-cyclops plexi will fit this 16030 case? AND is this watch going to be completely incorrect or is the Datejust case fairly close to the Explorer case??

cheers

Dizz

YIKES!!!

haha

I guess you can file the cyclops down until its flush then sand the whole crystal flat... That seems like a lot of work and I'd rather keep the gen crystal the way it is incase I want to switch back to a datejust later on. I want to just buy a clarks or something for $15 and throw it on. I just dont know what tropic# it would be.

Dizz

Isnt there a rolex crystal that will just snap right on without having to mod it? I honestly dont want to go through the work of grinding it down...

hhmm... I just found this..

T-21: ID: 29.5, OD: 30.6

C-135: ID: 29.5, OD; 30.7

Im going to try putting a t-19 on it :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hhhmm.. I just bought a gen black dial from another member here 5 minutes ago, so I am going to hold off on the cyclops removal until I see how I like the watch with a black dial. If its ok, then I will hold off on the Explorer transformation.

I think a t-19 might look pretty sweet on there. Might have to take the height down a little...