When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New vintage GMT 6542

Dizzy

rehaut is too wokky, the dial is wrong, GMT hand is wrong, insert looks too plastic and rigid as compared to the Yuki offering. The bracelet and the movement is the only thing that has potential to carry it over to a different project...that is...If you can find a small hand GMT to fit...but Yuki might be resolving that really soon!

yeah i just saw the rehaut in the pic of the black bezel watch... Thats the one thing I cant fix!

ROLEX-2011-01-10-01-03_enl.jpg

Oh well.

If the bracelet was the same as Yukis then this would be a deal. Take the bracelet and movement and throw the rest away. But if the bracelet is anything like the one I got on my 1680 submariner, then I dont want it. It was totally wrong and almost fell apart as I was removing it from the watch.

dizz

I was about to say the bracelet looks good, but then I noticed the size/shape of the links, which are wrong (too short/thick)

ROLEX-2011-01-10-02-16_enl.jpg

The case is also too thick &, as was suggested above, most of the rest of the watch would need serious work. I suppose that if the dial would fit, you could transplant the dial/2846 into the Silix case I used for my Phase 1 '42 & that would produce a more credible watch than this for not that much more cash.

The case then is wrong?

i want to make some like these

ROLEX-2011-01-10-03-01.jpg

I see these in NDtrading and i love but is a little expensive for a rep.... (i know that hace a genuine movement, and some other gen parts but is franken rep not a gen, and 4000 usd is too much for these).

Rolex6542PanAm.jpg

Anyone know how i can make a decent rep for less money?

thanks

Anyone know how i can make a decent rep for less money?

thanks

I decided to start with this white dialed 6542

http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/vintage-gmt-master-6542-white-dial-blackred-eta2846

I figure for $223 it's a great set of parts- dial, movement, bezel hopefully, maybe the bracelet which isn't that big a deal for me anyway- I kinda like dark brown croc straps.

Next up is the case. If ROLS176 becomes avaiable, I'll go for it. Otherwise, I'm just going to have to try some $50-100 reps to see if I can come up w/ a case.

I want to buy it just to see what the bracelet is like.

I got my Yuki 7206 and its not what I was expecting. Its good quality but not as good as I was expecting for $150

If I buy the GMT for parts, then I will send you the datewheels, gmt hand, dial, and bezel insert for free because I know you really want them!

lol

dizz