When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2011 Model Announcement

chefcook

Hello guys,

today Panerai presented very interesting new watches on the SIHH in Geneva.

A link to Panerais Press Kit: http://www.pulli.com/sihh2011/PRESS_KIT_SIHH2011_English.pdf

To summarize the news a little:

Luminor 1950 3 Days - PAM00372

47mm steel case with 3mm thick plexi on the front, sapphire case back. Panerai says this should be something inbetween Radiomir and Luminor as it has a more cusion like shaped case but features the Luminor crown guard.

The black sandwich dial lumed with vintage-look Superluminova is engraved like on the vintage pieces!

Movement is the P3000, Panerais new hand wind three days movement. In this version it is a "base" movement (no running seconds).

Limited to 3000 watches.

Radiomir 3 Days Platino - PAM00373

47mm platinum case with white gold buckle, 2.8mm thick plexi on the front, sapphire case back.

The brown sandwich dial is like on the 372 lumed with vintage-look Superluminova and engraved!

Same movement as above.

Limited to 199 pieces.

Luminor Composite 1950 3 Days - PAM00375

Classic 47mm 1950 case but made from brown composite Aluminium material which according to Panerai should be exceptional light and durable. Sapphire crystals both front and back.

Brown sandwich dial with vintage-look Superluminova.

Handwind P3000/1 movement with running seconds at nine.

No limitations, standard production model.

Luminor Composite Marina 1950 3 Days Automatic - PAM00386

Basically a 312 with brown dial and composite case like 375.

Radiomir 8 Days Ceramica - PAM00384

Basically a current 8 days Radiomir in a black ceramic case.

Luminor Submersible 1950 3 Days Automatic Bronzo - PAM00382

Basically a 305 Submersible but finished in Bronze CuSn8 and dark green dial! This is one of the most interesting Panerai I've seen so far. While the case is completely made from bronze the buckle is made from titanium.

Limited to 1000 units.

Luminor 1950 Chrono Monopulsante Left-Handed 8 Days Titanio - PAM00345

A 311 in destro version, limited to 150 units.

Luminor 1950 Left-Handed 8 Days Titanio - PAM00368

47mm brushed Titanium with sapphire both front and back.

Brown sandwich dial with running seconds at three, gilt hands, no power reserve indicator on the dial.

P2002/9 hand wound movement with 8 days power reserve.

Limited to 1000 units.

I really hope on a well finished Unitas with bridges modded to P3000 appearance. The P3000 has the sime diameter as the Unitas, so maybe there is a chance to see a 6498 (yes, 6498, not 6497. Currently used 6497 has to much difference in it's layout) with transfer gears for seconds at nine.

The 372 really will be a stunner!

If we would only see a movement with bridges in P9000 appearance the 382 would be a nice rep. Bronze is only slightly heavier than steel, so a good coating might do the job.

The most realistic hopes surely are on the 356 Daylight and on the Radiomir Black Seal Logo as both are based on components that mostly already exist in rep world.

The most realistic hopes surely are on the 356 Daylight and on the Radiomir Black Seal Logo as both are based on components that mostly already exist in rep world.

these 2 are my favorite :-D

as a 305 owner, I think the 382 looks fugly

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

I LOVE the 386! :wub: :

5172116066_d2e704e300_z.jpg?t=1295276001

5172116452_f47673bc39_z.jpg?t=1295276115

I'd like to learn more about this composite though. I'm into cycling and in that world, composite means either carbon fiber or plastic.

I know they say this is a "synthetic ceramic", but I hope it doesn't appear or feel plasticy.

I like the look of the bronzo material. I'll bet it ages really nicely.

EDIT - Oh yeah...That 356 is REAL nice too!