When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Received my 5th Gen PO but....

Tribal

Sorry to hijack the thread but has anyone been disappointed with the AR on these in the flesh compared to the pics posted on the boards?

Hi Yes me,

Thats why I will hopefully be sending , gen hands, gen dial and crystal your way for modding.

The dial has a green tinge to the dial markers, very weird looking.

I agree. the 5th gen is a piece of crap. the only improvement is the non happy feet. even the supposedly corrected pearl looks too sunkent now.

Hear, hear.

The _only_ improvement is the new logo (still off).

I've summed up all the new flaws they introduced with this new version (vs. 4th gen.):

- Blue colored sapphire (the AR hue is ridiculous, even compared to old model genuines)

- HE-valve length

- Crown length

- Omega logo to close to OMEGA printing

- 12/3/6/9 markers are tiny

- Pearl was apparently fixed - it is not centered as claimed

- Omega logo might not have happy feat, but it doesn't look like the genuine

- Grey dial and date printing

I'm not sure why everyone is praising this version. I have both the 4th and 5th generation, and I can tell you with all honesty that the 5th doesn't even come close to the 4th gen. that is if we're talking unmodded/franken best out-of-the-box quality. It's a great base if you want to go franken. But even then, you'd have to replace the dial, hands, crown, he valve and crystal. I'd just get a secondhand genuine instead.

Edited by blix

There are flaws for sure but i wouldn't say the 4th gen was better.

1. This can be cheaper if you buy A21j models.

2. Lugs look better and more accurate than previous model, 5th gen has got also sn engraved on it

3. bracelet gap should be less evident (dunno for a fact though)

4. AR sucks on both

5. Dial is flawed on both (better logo on the 5th gen but worse writings, if you are looking for perfect accuracy you need a gen dial)

6. True, crown and hv were better on the 4th gen

7. pearl is definetely better on the 5th gen

There are flaws for sure but i wouldn't say the 4th gen was better.

1. This can be cheaper if you buy A21j models.

2. Lugs look better and more accurate than previous model, 5th gen has got also sn engraved on it

3. bracelet gap should be less evident (dunno for a fact though)

4. AR sucks on both

5. Dial is flawed on both (better logo on the 5th gen but worse writings, if you are looking for perfect accuracy you need a gen dial)

6. True, crown and hv were better on the 4th gen

7. pearl is definetely better on the 5th gen

I'm not either, per se. But you have to agree with me that the 4th gen overall has less tells compared to a 5th gen.

Retort on your points:

1. Very much true.

2. Haven't noticed, I'll check later on.

3. Still there.

4. No true, my 4th gen. has a lovely gen like AR (nothing over the top as the 5th gen)

5. True. Though, I rather have happyfeet than grey printing and weird logo placement (and still an incorrect klogo)

6. Yep. Biggest tell too. I will not consider wearing mine before I get genuine HE-valve and crown. Blatant tell.

7. Don't agree. It's different, but not better. Still nothing like the genuine.

Imo this new version has more obvious tells compared to its older brother (HE-valve, crown, AR). The 4th gen. was a great out of the box replica, sadly the 5th gen. is not (it would have been acceptable with normal HE-valve and crown... ridiculous how something so crucial can be [censored] up/overlooked.)

Do not see this as a biased comment, because I have both watches. I just want to inform people that the new rep is not what people make it out to be.

Edited by blix

I guess we have the same opinion, I reckon on the 5th gen there are more tells BUT thankfully they are fixable (crown, hv and AR).

Also dial is fixable but as you said it would be too costy and at that price point a 2nd-hand gen would make much more sense.

I just disagree about AR: i had a 4th gen for some months and AR on mine was almost non existent, it was just an annoying blue hue. :(

It seems so. But as said: I am looking from a non-modded perspective. If you franken out the obvious tells it is a very nice replica, on-par with a 4th gen. I would not call it better, but I wouldn't call it worse either. Both have their pros and cons.

I'm sure AR differs from batch to batch. Thus meaning that there's a good possibility that I just got lucky, and you did not regarding to AR on the crystal. As in most cases with replica watches: you have to get lucky and hope for a watch that doesn't have any misplaced printing, indices, lume and so forth.

Edited by blix