When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I Remember....

r11co

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The first rep I bought

after joining a rep forum: PAM187 (not my first ever though)

Still wear it: yep - one of my favourites

@....r11co...maybe we could make this even better by posting pictures of our first ever rep - or the lousiest rep ever bought...

which reminds me ...in some shoebox I still have a terrible Daytona fake :yuk: which I bought in the bazaar in Istanbul some eighteen years ago... I could dig it out tonight....

@....r11co...maybe we could make this even better by posting pictures of our first ever rep - or the lousiest rep ever bought...

OK, I'll start..

131323-19175.jpg

Talk about hitting the ground running with this one. It's the standard I set the rest by and probably the reason why I now have such a small collection.

I'll dig out the pieces I have left of the first rotten one (a TT sub vintage 1980something).

which reminds me ...in some shoebox I still have a terrible Daytona fake :yuk: which I bought in the bazaar in Istanbul some eighteen years ago... I could dig it out tonight....

so here it is...the infamous dotona shitplika which I bought in Istanbul. Some of the older guys on the forum might remember... that was the time when the Rollie reps hat little metal plates with the rolex (crown) logo which were glued on top of the crown - and of course a good dotona rep had a full calendar :lol: . Can't believe I still have it. Haven't worn it ever since... :yucky:

My first ever rep though was a golden daydate which I bought at the age of 18 in an Italian Pizza Parlor in Naples B) ... a long, long time ago....

post-2851-1160680196_thumb.jpg

This is actually my first replica. It's from the late eighties from Thailand.

A DateJust quartz. Brass bracelet and gold plating that rubbed away against your shirt. :lol:

Here's the first shot (as you can see the hologram is still intact):

131743-19009.jpg

Marvellous quartz movement. I never bought another battery for this gem, it was embarrassing already in the eighties (when I was a kid):

131743-19010.jpg

The dial:

131743-19011.jpg

This is my first good replica (from Joshua). A good ole' TT Sub. I still like this model. The rep is really nice but this is not kinda watch that you can replicate properly (at least up to the standards that we are accustomed to). So I traded it.

131743-19012.jpg

• 3 months later...

1. Omega Seamaster Pro (cheap lousy version, cost me only $25)

2. Chinatown, Kuala Lumpur

3. Still using it as my beater watch, when I need to work around my condo, otherwise it's mostly in my drawer. And amazingly, it's still ticking after about 9 years!

Edited by Mark Eleven

All the reminiscing going on in this thread got me thinking about the following little survey.

Answer the following questions and join in...

1 - First rep bought after joining rep forum (RWGI/II, TRC etc.)?

2 - Dealer purchased from?

3 - Do you still have/wear said rep?

I'll kick it off.

1. Omega blue SMP (the good one)

2. Paul (when he was still Abay)

3. Damn yes/yes.

1. Pam 029/2892 (whatever the predecessor to this board is called)

2. Eddie Lee

3. I am wearing it today. I love this watch.