When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rare, difficult to source parts

wiesn089

Since I'm in the process of ordering some stuff from a watch maker friend of mine for me and another member of this forum I'd like to offer you guys a rare opportunity.

This friend is the guy who sourced my NOS 78350 bracelet with 571 endlinks and my other two sets of 571s (one of which I still own). Apart from bracelets and endlinks he is also able to source pushers, crowns, tubes and crystals some of which are pretty expensive on gen forums. These are only modern parts (so no Twinlock crowns, 702 tubes or rare Daytona bezels - no modern service bezels for vintage Daytonas either) but it's still better than spending gazillions on VRF. The stuff is not cheap (after all it's 100% genuine Rolex) but usually is substantial less costly than on several gen boards (NOS bracelets incl. endlinks for vintage models starting at 400,-€).

I will send a list of parts I need middle of this week to him so he can check availability and prices. Anyone who needs a bracelet or stuff like that please drop me a line, I will check for these parts as well and let you know. I can't promise he will be able to source them, but it's worth a try.

:drinks:

edit: Not possible anymore.

Just to clarify, from experience he is not able to source dials, please don't ask for one. Also I don't think he will be able to source long discontinued items like folded link bracelets, twinlock crowns etc., sorry. The other parts shouldn't be a problem.

As a rule, if Rolex still services watches with these parts or used to not long ago, you should be good.

Please send me a PM with what you need and don't reply to this thread with your specific parts listed.

In order you can get an idea in what price range these spare parts are, I checked some of my requests with him from last year (may have changed since Rolex constantly increases prices).

- Tropic 21: 100,80€

- 24-703-0 7mm SS crown: 144,-€

- 24-7030-0 Tube incl. gasket: 72,-€

- 24-p302 Daytona pusher: 201,60€ (for one)

- 78350/571 oyster band: 450,-€

This is what he charged me excluding shipping.

Please send me a PM with what you need and don't reply to this thread with your specific parts listed.

In order you can get an idea in what price range these spare parts are, I checked some of my requests with him from last year (may have changed since Rolex constantly increases prices).

- Tropic 21: 100,80€

- 24-703-0 7mm SS crown: 144,-€

- 24-7030-0 Tube incl. gasket: 72,-€

- 24-p302 Daytona pusher: 201,60€ (for one)

- 78350/571 oyster band: 450,-€

This is what he charged me excluding shipping.

does this mean between 201 and 60 euros? 24-p302 Daytona pusher: 201,60€ (for one)

(nothing to do with you wiesn)

$275 for a pusher!? Rolex; Swiss for robbery. :thumbdown:

Ofrei has the same ones i believe that Rolex uses for service replacement. Freddy, jojo or Nanuq would know for sure..

I wonder what your guy would charge for a 1680 replacement case and caseback? :thumbsupsmileyanim:

He has replied concerning some of the parts, will send individual messages once I get info on the bracelets.

No pushers, modern crystals or anything like that, case parts seem to become harder, almost impossible to source.

Please don't ask for other items, I won't inquire about more until this order is finished. I will also elaborate what is possible to source and what is not after the parts are ordered.

Edit:

Btw. Price increase of 7-8% compared to last year =@

Ofrei has the same ones i believe that Rolex uses for service replacement. Freddy, jojo or Nanuq would know for sure..

I don't think that these are the same ones, but very similar. I have a pair from cousins, they look very similar to Rolex replacements (from pictures) but soom details seem a little bit different (e.g depth of this "ring thing" on top of the pusher).

And for a fraction of the price. The only case where I would pay that much for pushers is if you need the early (rare, difficult to source) 6240 screw-style pushers

RX6240STEEL-02.jpg

Compare with later style, which is what Ofrei sells (& Rolex currently fits during servicing)

RX6240SSDAYTONA-03.jpg