When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Nearly Gen 1680 ~ SuperSuper 1680

Ronin

wow that my friend looks AMAZING! Thank you for the special thanks i appreciate it! I really miss that project, but I'm glad you finished it, it looks again amazing! Im actually looking for a case like that again to start my project again =).

So the new Yuki cases are problematic huh...too bad. He used to make nice cases.

man that's nice....I'm in the same boat with my 1570 movement and trying to look for a decent 1680 midcase (see that Yuki's recent offering is not working)

1. where did you source the GEN bezel assembly and retaining ring?

2. the crown looks "REP"...the coronet doesn't look right for the period?....wouldn't a 700 or 702 be better suited?

man that's nice....I'm in the same boat with my 1570 movement and trying to look for a decent 1680 midcase (see that Yuki's recent offering is not working)

1. where did you source the GEN bezel assembly and retaining ring?

2. the crown looks "REP"...the coronet doesn't look right for the period?....wouldn't a 700 or 702 be better suited?

Parts were collected over the last 2+ years.

The crown is a correct gen 'service/replacement' part. All crowns these days are 703's from a new/service perspective. Remember, my MO is 'freshly serviced look from RSC'. I am not a period-purist, as I feel it is unrealistic for a 'regularly worn' watch. So the hands and insert are lumi for example, and crown is modern 703. (True, it might be a little too clean/pristine for a late 70's rendition, but I like the idea of letting it age up naturally starting now)

(edit, went back and looked at photos above -vs- in person, crown has a 'ding' in it that is reflecting/blurring, also either silicon smudge or finger oil-- so I see why you said that. In person the detail is sharp, crisp, and GEN 703.)