When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

70s/80s acrylic dome pearls

TeeJay

Being the tightwad I am, I don't really want to spend big bucks on this, as it's just for a fun little project I'm dreaming up (No need to get worried, this one will be as close to 'factory stock' as possible :victory: ) but I think it'll be the icing on the cake. Any recommendations for sources in terms of price/quality? Thanks in advance, amigos :drinks: :drinks:

for the real thing check the vintage forum; it will cost you an arm and a leg

This is going to be very much a budget project, so vintage parts will be a nono, but thanks for the suggestion :) I guess this project is a case of seeing what I can achieve in terms of parts and modifications available commercially, but on a shoestring budget :)

for the real thing check the vintage forum; it will cost you an arm and a leg

True, and unfortunately a gen pearl falls out as easily as an OFrei part. :cry::wallbash:

So it's aftermarket pearls for me!

I found a guy on ebay selling them for $8 but i have lost the link.

Afterall, these probably cost about 15 cents to produce, so even $8 seems outrageous to me!

dizz

Thanks, I'll have a look and see what if there's anything floating about on eBay :)

This is the Clark "Pearl Dot". I can't remember exactly how much they were but $12 seems to ring a bell...

That's definitely what I had in mind, thanks :)