When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tragic events in Japan

Dani

After a couple of years of working and living in Japan it has left a big footprint in my soul. And after seeing the devastation of today my heart is broken.. :wounded1:

Still have business relations and friends there and I sure hope they and ALL other affected by this horrible tragedy are hanging in there..

My first though when I saw that wave sweeping across the land was the terrible loss of life.

Japan is a very densely populated country, I think we all have to be prepared for a shocking toll.

Ken

I think the guy who shot that video got a "little busy" moving his ass out of that area. I'm old enough to remember the Chernobyl disaster.

Terrible.

I'm old enough to remember the Chernobyl disaster.

Terrible.

A total of four nuclear reactors were affected by the flooding, three were shut down but a fourth is at risk of going critical. Hopefully their skilled engineers knows how to handle this situation, let's hope they get it shut down.

Chernobyl should never be repeated. Thinking of our brothers and sisters in the prefecture.

Having extended Japanese Family, this hits close to home. (I'm 1/4 japanese). My japanese grandmother is very worried about her brother and sister in Japan. They both live in Tokyo, so more than likely they are ok, but the fact that the phone system is down in many parts of tokyo as well as power.. just makes things very difficult for her and my family

My heart goes out to all in Japan that are affected.

Having extended Japanese Family, this hits close to home. (I'm 1/4 japanese). My japanese grandmother is very worried about her brother and sister in Japan. They both live in Tokyo, so more than likely they are ok, but the fact that the phone system is down in many parts of tokyo as well as power.. just makes things very difficult for her and my family

My heart goes out to all in Japan that are affected.

All my wishes for those who are affected, and to your family!

My first though when I saw that wave sweeping across the land was the terrible loss of life.

Japan is a very densely populated country, I think we all have to be prepared for a shocking toll.

Ken

Chuck Norris was said to be visiting Japan and sneezed yesterday,never let that guy in your country.

unfortunately things seem to be far from over. In addition to the nuclear scare they are going thru right now, the seismic activity in the region is far from over. Data from USGS that I plotted from the past 4 days. The red line is the 6 magnitude the USGS uses to highlight high intensity quakes.

I hope they come thru this ordeal soon.

quakes.jpg