When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gmt 16710

ubiquitous

Some of you may recall this one from the old RWG a year ago- And now it's back again :) This one's a TW Best of the old school- Nice case, rehaut, lug holes. I've got it fitted to a hollow end/mid link bracelet with the short GMT clasp. Lugs have already been drilled for 2mm bars...

So, what do you guys think? Time for another project, perhaps (as if I didn't already have enough going on at the moment)?

129344-19667.jpg

129344-19668.jpg

129344-19669.jpg

129344-19670.jpg

129344-19671.jpg

129344-19672.jpg

129344-19673.jpg

129344-19674.jpg

That's really nice... and very close. Personally, I would just change the short GMT hand and enjoy the watch.

Not sure if all the non-SEL versions had SWISS T<25 dial though. But that's nitpicking.

Randy,

This is a beautiful piece. So well balanced that it will never ever bore you looking at it. I must say I like the GMT's better and better every day... It actually surpasses the Submariner and is running in on Vinnie Seadwellers... faded pepsi 1675 on jubilee should be your next project if you ask me :Jumpy:

Thanks, gang... This specific watch was in my hands a year ago; it belonged to a friend who sent it to me to see what I thought of it. I was very close to picking it up then, but didn't. Since then, I've been regretting it.

But.... Now it's back in my hands once more. And the opportunity to buy presented itself again. Funny how fate works out :) Anyways... I don't think I'll let this one slip through my grasp again. It's a great looking watch, and besides... I have some plans for it :)

At any rate... A 1675 is on my list of things to do as well...

130546-19399.jpg

130546-19400.jpg

130546-19401.jpg

do it ubi!!!! :Jumpy:

i think it would be an excellent next project!

i have a black insert version tw best that daytonaT did work on like a longer gmt hand and new dial, etc. but it needs additional things fixed to be a perfect franken. ahhh.....but that is another project for another day. that is why i recommend you do your so we can see the perfect rep!!!

Ubi,

I have to applaud your work I have been follow the Replica game for more than a year already, and I have never seen anybody that put sop much into making the watches as close as possible to the genuine article.

Is very impressive. I keep trying to keep up with you, I have learned a lot in this board from your comments and the comments of the fellow members.

Keep up the good work :3a:

Ivan

P.D. if fro some strange reason you decided to let that beauty go I will be glad to take from you. I am sure that there is other who is will want to do that too.

Ivan,

Many thanks for the kind words :) Much appreciated!

The fun in this hobby is to build these watches... But also to interact with others who have the same passion as well. We can all learn from each other, and that's what makes the forum so great- It provides us the means to share knowledge! I learn a ton from many of the contributors here... And I hope that some are able to learn from my experiences as well.

At any rate... If this one should ever find itself needing a new home... You'll be one of the first to know!

:)

Best regards,

R

• 5 years later...
Guest zeleni kukuruz

@UBI...

Can you post the pics of this watch again???

I think i just found one of these rare birds ;) and it would be great to see your pics to compare.

And take a look at this topic :

Ubi, you maybe rememberd how it looked, i know the pics isent the best in this topic but i will take new ones when i get it here.