When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How about some non-sub/chrono Frankens?

Reginald37

I've been on this "getting a gen thing" the last few days. I even have the stash to do it. Been mostly looking at vintage Explorers and Air Kings in the 2k range. But I keep coming back to my "issue" of paying 2k for a 40 yr old beater that needs a $500 service...you know the story. I've owned a bunch of micro-brews over the last few years like the Helson Shark Diver (316SS/ETA 2824/2000m/beautiful finish) that just make it hard to understand how a DSSD costs 9k. I'm sort of on this littlish watch thing right now. Would love to see pics of some vintage ones, not subs or Daytonas (only becuase I've seen hundreds of them, not because there not beautiful), just some clean vintage gen looking projects. If you're interested in selling....

thanks

Citizen

No chrono, no diver...

Pure Datejust.

All gen 16030 with ETA2846. Dial is from newer 16200 series case. I have the original silver 16030 dial but I love the look of a black dial much much more.

post-6336-0-91497700-1300144360.jpg

Guest jsuperman17

how about a omega smp franken?? one can use the watchinternational case with the correct he valve position.. then gen dial, hands and bezel?? great size too at 42mm cant go wrong...

OK - love these.

Can someone recommend a good rep vintage 6694 Datejust, or date like the one right above to start with, hopefully swiss?

I found a 6694 thru Google, but I'd rather starat from a trusted seller.

thanks again

From Silix: (Note: the case is slightly larger than the gen 34mm as the dial is about 27.9mm to 28mm in size, which is the DJ dial size. The datewheel is the sheeeetz, and the date mag in not correct either.

DSCF3314.jpg

from Yukiwatch: (apparently from the description, it is 34mm)

_DSC0255.JPG

Bought a gen 6694 for a grand last night. I'll post pics when I get it if anybody is interested.

I think I know which one it is too. By the way, if it is the 1225 movement, and you have to set the time, get ready to start winding, alot. It is not quick set or semi-quick set. It is the full blown slow set, meaning two full revolutions to advance one day.