When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another one of those I want to build a 5512

sly

As some of you might remember I purchased a no date OP with a 1570 movement thinking you can just put a date wheel on it and off you go. WRONG, It cannot be done without spending a lot of money and time hunting for parts. What do I do since I already have it, Buy a Gen. 5512 dial & hands (Stupid I think). Now i need a case for this, Anybody have a nice one for this project that they don't. need, Hit me up.

post-28963-0-21661300-1300931669.jpg

post-28963-0-02343000-1300931682.jpg

Best of luck for your project.. here is my gilt dial Franken along with my gen 5513. Both have gen brzel ring and bezel insert. The franken was assembled and modded by the artist here, The Zigmeister. Practical tip: forget abt Cartel 5512 as they are too thick. I bought one after reading fantastic review on the forums.

36697d95.jpg

4e68d120.jpg

f2b02726.jpg

53721d8b.jpg

4a607e7e.jpg

d15cbfd2.jpg

After a second look - comparing the cartel (new version) & my gen, the difference is only the case back! It seems that the cartel is using a 1665 style (but with no engraving) case back. Mine was procured from a memeber here. It was a NDT.

Gen vs NDT

810936de.jpg

6163a884.jpg

The above will soon be converted to a 5514 logo dial.

not much luck here..

after 1 week of mix-matching the parts.. I hadi tried the older rep case backs from Silix 1675 to Paul's 5513.. noone of these case backs fit..

Edited: and now I know the reason. Just a minutes ago, I tried the caseback from my gen and noted that even the gen wont fit.

I have discoverred another thing..............today my Yuki's DRSD case back arrived (for my MBW). Ironically, the DRSD Caseback fits the Cartel 5512 and MBW DRSD of course. Note that and as I have stated, the Cartel 5512 doesnt not fit either the geninue 5513 case-back, nor MBW 5513's CB & other cartel version (Siliex old version 1675 or other cheapie 5513)'s CB . Did anyone find out the dial openning? I was wondering if gen dials can be fitted for these new hybird.

• 10 months later...

Very cool project. Ive been waiting a long time to come across a decent 5512 dial (for a reasonable price) and well.. Im still waiting. One day hopefully I will come across something and then it will end up in my MBW1680 case set.