When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Carrera 1887 is out!

Rolexman

Hi Divo ~ I just went to Google and did an image search for "tag carrera 1887" and every photo that came up has tachy numbers on the bezel. :whistling:

edit: hm! there seems to be some confusion about this watch .. some people are saying that the tachy bezel was only on the prototype?? Dunno.

Hi Divo ~ I just went to Google and did an image search for "tag carrera 1887" and every photo that came up has tachy numbers on the bezel. :whistling:

edit: hm! there seems to be some confusion about this watch .. some people are saying that the tachy bezel was only on the prototype?? Dunno.

Yes it was on the proto but they changed it.

The current ads in the watch magazines only showes a clean bezel.

(But not for 100% sure they will not come with other versions in the future)

I think you guys are right on the money! Too bad :black_eye:.

That's what you get if you replicate from pics and not disect the real deal :whistling:

There are three versions.

test1-WM.jpg

From the left:

1. Prototype

2. Available in some stores right now, will not be mass produced, very limited

3. Will be mass produced

Edited by sarkazz

Why not put the link to the article these pictures come from? Explaines the thing a lot better.

There is an interview in that article with TAG Heuer CEO Jean-Christophe Babin.

So he says the following:

JCB: The US will start [in first Quarter 2011- C11] with the one on sale in other countries (“Version 2”) and we’ll make a running change, because it’s too complex and would take too long to accumulate volume of stock of the next one (“Version 3″) for the US market. Having said that, the people who manage to buy an early watch (“Version 2″) will have almost a Limited Edition watch and so a chance to improve the value and be a collectors piece, because their version will always have been the first and “original”.

Source:

http://www.calibre11.com/carrera-1887-2011/

Me like the v2! Understated, sporty and elegant at the same time.. :good:

The same here, very elegant. The final design is a little too busy.

The Tag has a column wheel movement and a display back, i don't think that can be replicated.

Of, i forgot i think it is 100M WR also.

And modified Seiko 6S37 movement inside :clapping: I look forward to good replicas of this.

Personally I like the second version the most, its also the one they advertise with atm.

In my opinion that one is a nice addition to the other Carrera's in the current line.

This new second version has clean looks, is elegant and still sportive.

It wears nice with a suit but also with casual clothing.

If you want a sportswatch with a busy bezel choose the Carrera day/date I would say.

If you want a more elegant watch then the new Carrera 1887 second edition is the most appropriate one.

The third edition of the 1887 looks to0 much the same.

Tag Heuer has too many watches of the same flavour.

The second edition 1887 breaks with that. IMO its a stupid move of Tag Heuer if they totally will go over to the (cluttered up)third edition.

Rep-wise, you could buy the current incorrect rep, then if they produce the correct one (3rd pic) you could swap out the dial etc.

then you will have

correct case with clean bezel, and first edition (uncluttered) dial! :)

I like the 300SLR version, the closed case back hides the movement (for those who care about the accuracy of the movement on open case backs).

However it is hard to tell if the color of the dial is right on the rep (it does not look brown), and the engraving on the case back is very lame compared to the gen.

I like the 300SLR version, the closed case back hides the movement (for those who care about the accuracy of the movement on open case backs).

However it is hard to tell if the color of the dial is right on the rep (it does not look brown), and the engraving on the case back is very lame compared to the gen.

And it has the clean bezel so maybe they will make the other models with that same smooth bezel ?? :Jumpy:

• 3 weeks later...

There are three versions.

From the left:

1. Prototype

2. Available in some stores right now, will not be mass produced, very limited

3. Will be mass produced

I personally like the prototype best, but not sure how to survive with second tick marks. Sometimes do a lot of quick timing and each tick mark counts, on the other hand makes for a much cleaner dial.

• 2 weeks later...