When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where are the old timers?

redwatch

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if I am an oldie from March 2006. I remember the old days but looks like others having fun on the forum now (along with the same kind of problems). Still have my reps and love them all but have not bought one in years and just a lurker now. Retired last year, so bounce around France in the summer on my motorcycle.

Good luck to the 'newbies'. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Usil

Good to hear from you! Hope France is treating you well again. You'd heading back to TX for a bit, is that right?

Speaking of France, haven't heard much from Ryyannon in a while.

Cornerstone - My 4 years in Paris were up in September 2007. I moved back to Texas and worked on a 2 year project and then retired in April 2010. But when I lived in France I fell in love with the country and went back for 5 months last year to tour on my motorcycle. Going back at the end of May for another three months for more touring. Foot loose and fancy free and loving the French countryside. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I chronicle my trips here with lots of pics. The log reads backwards in time so last trips in 2010 are shown first. Click on 'OLDER POST' when you get to the bottom to go to the next page. And - the watch I take with me is my SuperOcean.

http://michael-paris.blogspot.com/

Usil

Edited by Usil

Usil - I enjoyed your French motorcycle adventure. Looks like fun.

Me too!

My father flew to Germany every other year and bought a BMW to tour Europe for several months. He did this the last decade of his life.

He always took many pictures and shared lots of great stories. Your blog reminds me of him and those times.

Thanks for posting that!

I miss the entertainment that TTK, Demsey (aka NIXON) and highflyingclive provided and lets not forget rya 8) but also others like neo, dlgates.....the list goes on and on :drinks: ..the comic relif rolexaward and jetmid...

Ta lads, I am freshly back from my year in Barbados and my recent win of Tiniest Tan Lines 2011, sponsored of course by Wicked Weasel.

Is that a rousing welcome I see in your signature, Maxman?

It reminds me of my recent win. PM for photos.

:winkiss:

"Is that a rousing welcome I see In your Signature,Maxman"? Indeed It is. Actualy the rousing welcome Is In my Dockers. ;) Mike

Cornerstone - My 4 years in Paris were up in September 2007. I moved back to Texas and worked on a 2 year project and then retired in April 2010. But when I lived in France I fell in love with the country and went back for 5 months last year to tour on my motorcycle. Going back at the end of May for another three months for more touring. Foot loose and fancy free and loving the French countryside. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I chronicle my trips here with lots of pics. The log reads backwards in time so last trips in 2010 are shown first. Click on 'OLDER POST' when you get to the bottom to go to the next page. And - the watch I take with me is my SuperOcean.

The trip looks absolutely amazing!

Very jealous from my office desk. (Although I may just go around anti-clockwise to get some coffee rather than clockwise, just to spice things up a bit. :animal_rooster: )

I too miss the old gang. I hear from them occasionally. DGates.....Demsey on the other rwg, et al.. These days everything is sooo peaceful. I remember the days when I couldn't wait to log on to see the controversial topics that raged with regularity. Great fun and drama

• 1 month later...