When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAN-AM inspired 6542 GMT

donerix

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a beautiful stock certificate. I have one as well from one of their later years.

Read the text of that letter, its complete nonsense that sounds like it was written by the guy who made the watch in his workshops somewhere in Asia. I'm sure the General Manager of Pan Am Airways named J. Ogilvie would have really written like that...hahaha. That "Codly" guy on VRF is really digging himself into a hole over there. Not sure what his motives are. Bizarre.

I don't think there is a Pan Am Airways museum either. And the use of the Pan American Games brochure is deceptive as well - NO relation to the airline whatsoever haha.

• 8 months later...

Hi Folks,

I don't know if anyone is still following this thread, but I'd like to clarify something for the record. My grandfather was John Ogilvie. I forwarded this to my father and he verified that the signature is authentic. He agreed that the wording is strange, and doesn't sound like his Dad at all. My grandfather was an educated man who went to Oxford University. Another point in fact was that my grandfather was the General Sales Manager at Pan Am stationed in New York City...not Chicago. So that's my two cents on this post.

It's interesting when bits of your family history surface on the internet, but a bit disconcerting when the facts aren't straight. :g:

Hi Folks,

I don't know if anyone is still following this thread, but I'd like to clarify something for the record. My grandfather was John Ogilvie...

Welcome to the forum! And thanks for this perspective that only you could have provided. It's a fascinating piece of the unraveling puzzle over there on VRF.

Make yourself at home, friend.

Wow, never thought this thread would be revived like this.

Makes me like it even better now:

PANAM6542-4-2.jpg

Jesus, Joseph and Mary ... you've got to warn me before you put up pictures of your 6542s!!

Epi-pen on aisle four!! *clutching chest*

And VRF complains about reps? Where will it end? Recently my uncle the ex vice premier of a small African country came across a large amount of vintage Rolex watches in the safe that he was robbing. Simply send me your financial information........

i can see the emails starting now....

• 3 months later...

@J

Well maybe he hasent anything for sale? Or has he just stoped selling here on rwg for some reason?

He posts his sales to RWI, as he always has. That's how the poster above us got his watch, I assume. When the forum changed software and some people lost their accounts, Donerix was one of them. That's why he posts as Donerix2.0 now .. since then there have been no sales posts for straps and watches here. Only on RWI.