When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

wm9 v1 or BK's Noobmariner?

kornblomst

Hi Guys

A quick question for debate:

I'm waiting for bk's replacement sub for the v3 to be offered, but I have realized that I can't wait :whistling: . So I was thinking: which one would you prefer:

the wm9 v1 (seen here: http://ptswisswatch.com/rolex/rolex-submariner-supreme-black-11610/product_info.php/cPath/50/products_id/162)

..or Bk's Noobmariner offering?

/Korn

Guest zeleni kukuruz

The bk if you ask me :)

Way? Becuse bk has done some work to it with mods ect ect and you know that you will get a perfect sub to just slap on the wrist and have fun. No worrys about hanging date nr ect ect!

Edited by Zeleni Kukuruz

I'm partial to the PT v1.5 because it's has the more gen construction features like the bezel, insert and crystal. It's a better case by far than the noobmariner (I've had 5 noobs, btw). With a gen insert, and gen/better crown and a little trimming of the cg's, you've got a great beater. If you're in conus, you could buy the PT V1.5 and send it to BK for the mods- it would still take a few months, but it would still be better than a noob, IMO.

The noob was great in 2006, but it's really out dated these days, or should I say, it's been surpassed!

I'm partial to the PT v1.5 because it's has the more gen construction features like the bezel, insert and crystal. It's a better case by far than the noobmariner (I've had 5 noobs, btw). With a gen insert, and gen/better crown and a little trimming of the cg's, you've got a great beater. If you're in conus, you could buy the PT V1.5 and send it to BK for the mods- it would still take a few months, but it would still be better than a noob, IMO.

The noob was great in 2006, but it's really out dated these days, or should I say, it's been surpassed!

I noticed the PT site page is dated 2009, is this watch for sale? price?

Does this case take a gen crystal, bezel?

BK is offering the TW best Sub now, which if I'm not mistaken is the same watch as the PureTime WM9 v1.

Hey

thanks for all the replies.

I don't see bk offering the tw sub yet - it's only been announced in his forum to replace the wm9 - or am I missing something.

I think I'll take a chance on the wm9 v1 from Precious Time - if he still has it.

/Korn

I'm quite late to this post. My upcoming 16610 offering to replace my wm9 16610 offering IS NOT a noobmariner. It's the same thing as what PT calls wm9 v1. I don't want to use the term "wm9 v1". I call it TW sub or TW 16610 sub or TW gen style sub. I sold about 20 of them with wm9 superlumed dials and hands. Sneed12 bought one of these 20. I have since stopped because the stock dial print quality isn't so hot. If you look close, you see pimples on the coronet for example. I decided to resolve the issue by making my own superlumed dials and hands. They are still WIP. I anticipate 1.5 to 2 months when I get the superlumed dial and hands and I can open the watch for ordering. Some members did buy my TW subs in its stock dials and hands. They just wanted to wear them now and get the superlumed dials and hands installed later. You can do the same

My TW 16610 sub offering includes CG trim, clear coating the pearl with epoxy, and my own assembly which I can proudly say better than the factory's assembly job.

Cheers,

bk