When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

After Market Endlinks

highoeyazmuhudee

been looking for some nice fitting 580 endlinks for some time now, the price for gen links seems out of line, gram for gram more than twice the price of gold.

im considering some aftermarket ones and was wondering if any one had some experience with any.

considering a PT bracelet, the clasp coronet stamping is crap but it does have the correct 1/2 link adjuster grouping, and correct end link double connector instead of a solid piece. i know on the 1680 the endlinks are incorrectly marked and the stampings are too large. the PT 1665 has the 580 markings. my question is how well do the PT end links fit an MBK/MBW case? i thought i saw a member here include those endlinks in an MBK build but i cant find that post now. are the PT 1680 endlinks and PT 1665 endlinks the same size? i rather have the 580 labeled ones but i know in reality the gens have different sized endlinks and are not compatible. for members who own both; is the PT 1665 and 1680 the same mid case with the addition of an HE valve?

thanks to all who can answer this, and to those who try :good:

I have PT 580 endlinks on my MBW1665 and they fit very well. PT clasp engraving is crap, you're right, and the coronet is too big, but it's the only one with the correct smooth fliplock...

:animal_rooster:

do you have any other models like an mbk 1680 or 5513 to see how those 580s would fit? or even a pt 1680 with the 1680 endlinks to try on the pt 1665? i know the mbk 5513 and 1665 use different ends that dont work on the others case.

the smooth flip lock is achievable by sanding.

MBK

4669055725_c89c1f9a44_z.jpg

the only problem is the clasp is actually a 92350 style with the 1/2 adjuster groupings down the length

I was wondering this same thing as I'm building my MBW 1665 franken and I would like correctly stamped endlinks (as long as they actually fit the case well).

neither have correctly stamped endlinks for the 1665

• 4 years later...

BUMPITY BUMP

Didnt want to make a new thread of a pretty much identical subject, how good are the WSO 580 Endlinks? Are they good enough to put on a gen 78360/93150 bracelet on a megafranken MBW 1680? Or are any other end links preferred(which aren't gen of course)... 

Edited by rillesnille

I like them especially for the cost.  Oddly enough they seem to fit everything quite well.  Just a little tweaking.  Used them on my 1016, 5513, 6538 and a 16750.  Fit better than the rep links that came with the bracelets.  

@Mendota Explorer -  depends on the fit, generally minor filing/sanding of the sides and the curve that connects to the case.  Bending the tabs on the bottom side so it fits better.  On the 1016 case it was almost a perfect fit stock, just needed the slightest amount of sanding on the inner part of the curve to sit better on the case.  On the 5513 opened up the tabs a touch to get a better fit, very light sanding of the curve.  On my 6538 HR case I sanded the side of the end links a touch and opened up the tabs.  Very minor tweaking. Oh and re brushed them....