When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

If you could buy one DW 6239

ebzen02

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which 6239?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like the #4 dial with the #1 bezel. The resulting watch would look close enough to a Sub, to the wife, so that she wouldn't realize I had another new watch! :whistling:

I'm surprised by the huge amount of support the standard dials are getting! And here I thought the three color Newman would be winning this poll easily.

I have that one and rarely wear it. It looks good in the box, but looks dainty on my wrist. I just can't get used to it. I think a black dial would work better for me.

Guest Sql_pl

Newman dials are always better in hiding incorrect 7750 spacing but I still believe I prefer the plain silver dial/black subdials models in both 6239 and 6263.

To the OP:

Make sure you clearly state THE MODEL, dial and bezel configuration + emphasize to David to QC your watch!!! I can't state this strongly enough! Add pictures if you can!

I ordered two of these (6239 and 6240) and after I opened the package, the crystal and bezel fell off on both watches! The 6240 won't wind.....the CB cover was pushing

The movement down on the case.

I emailed David (communication with him is excellent, BTW), about these and he sent me 2 new replacements......guess what, the new ones came with their own problems!

The 6240 came with the wrong bezel (SS), so it's another 6239. The 6239, the 10o'clock dot fell off and was all over the place.

Just sharing my experience........DW's quality is not there!

Make sure you clearly state THE MODEL, dial and bezel configuration + emphasize to David to QC your watch!!! I can't state this strongly enough! Add pictures if you can!

I emailed David (communication with him is excellent, BTW), about these and he sent me 2 new replacements......guess what, the new ones came with their own problems!

The 6240 came with the wrong bezel (SS), so it's another 6239. The 6239, the 10o'clock dot fell off and was all over the place.

Just sharing my experience........DW's quality is not there!

Completely agree with everything above. DW's great in communicating and terrific about sending replacement parts, but has pretty poor QC. Even if you state, re-state, and confirm your order, odds are that something will go missing or you get a wrong part. This was true when bought my first Daytona in '09 (three tries to get a good dial), and it's true as of right now. Seriously. I'm in the middle of sending an email complaining about him sending the wrong bezel after not sending it the first time.

Too many unforced errors! Yet I keep coming back for more punishment!