When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Phoband life update, should you care :)

fotoman

Hey guys, I wanted to thank those that have been helpful and supportive over the last few years A's they have been tumultuous indeed. Unfortunately, what I previously thought would be a long term solution to my employment woes, didn't work out. But I did use the time to get a fusion done in my neck. This makes 2 spinal surgeries in the last year. Micro in the lower back. And if anyone Is considering one of those, please feel free to ask anything.

The disk in my neck, which i have known about since 98 when they actually got in there turned out to be "some crumbled material" and a bone spur.

The difference in my life this surgery makes in my life is not expressible. A avoided surgery, cause that is tshe general wisdom for as long As possible. Unfortunately for me, I lost everything I had in the process. If I would ha e had surgery 5 yrs ago this would be alot different.

It's going to take years to get financially healthy from all this crap, and I had to part with some of. My watches (still 1 for sale) on another forum. I needed a large cash payment to the hospital cause I still owe money from last year. (for all of you with good insurance, and or a government with the balls to cover health care, count yourselves lucky, )

The good news is, just as my bank acct hit 1.03 I got a referral from a friend for a good client, who happens to be a gen Patek collector.

Hopefully soon, I'll have the freedom to get back into collecting reps. Right now, I need to be careful and wise with the little $$ I have.

Hope all my friends here are well, I didn't want you guys to think I fell off the map again :).

Hi Pho still makeing pens, i remember you had a nice one with flames on it, still got that one???

Actually, that was a demo, it's actually a kit, the flames were laser cut and painted, so they are actually separate pieces of wood. I wanted to work with those but never got the opportunity. At the moment the "shop" is still boxed up in my sisters garage. Hopefully I get my life straight and find a place to set it up again.

Thanks guys. Appreciate the thoughts. This neck surgery is going to be a defining pin point in my life. The constant headaches were making me irritable and not fun to be around.

Next thing I'm gaonna do is ar some crystals, I have been waiting for moghts to get things settled.

Haven't posted mch cause due tp the surgery, I van only sit or lay in a few positions and they have not been conducive to posting and typing online. But it will get better.

I'm also trying to get a job, and start a serious music project. And having to take it easy from the anesthesia, so my brain is go go go, need the body to catch up.

Miss you guys and the daily fun and comradery. Funny thing is, since super reps, there isn't A's many fun things to talk abrout.

If anyone is in south Florida, i have a great watch guy very reasonable prices.

:)

Yo Pho,

You know we live close to one another -- can I buy you lunch?

I'm sorry that life hasn't been good to you, but it sounds like you are on the up swing.

Bill

Anytime. In fact on light of our professions we may be able to refer some clients.

It's also great to see some long time good friends still here. We been here a long time. In fact I've been gone for over a year and still have a 1.7 post/ day :)

Interesting thing I'm hoping maybe to be good news, soon, I'm putting all efforts into starting a for real all balls out music project. It's the last thing on my bucket list. I already accomplished and lost more than iever imagined possible. I still have to het a stable income. But,it's time to put my heart into something special that I can look back and say. I developed my talent to it's full potential and didn't waste it.

:). Keep your fingers crossed. I also just ordered my first replica guitar. Didn't even know they made em. I'll let you know if it's complete crap or not. :)

• 7 months later...

Whazzzzup hey, not much has changed other than my son dominating in pee wee football. Job market is stupid. Still rehabbing stupid back/ nerve issues. But, it appears I'm on the verge of being anti inflammatory or nerve med free. It's been a long road (..enterprise) but, there is a light and I can see it. I've shared my good times (kid born) and bad (crazy stupid nerves)

Just stopping in and say 1. merry holidays and B. Best wishes for the new year.

P.s. Re: music project- I may actually be in a band we'll see.

Edited by phoband

He brings the pain in flag football. And, there is some real football going on. In the superbowl which we won our quarter back (5yrs old) went 6 for 6 passing. Nobody passes in pee wee football. Not just quick throws on the line of scrimmage actual throws over the line. The best pass was as the QB had a sacker within 6 inches of his flag as he got it off and some crazy catch, I still don't know how he caught it. Although that receiver/ RB was the son of a 9 yr NFL player :) so I guess it was in his blood.

post-1267-132435257425.jpg

Good to see you back phoband..I was just getting started here when you were having some issues. I miss the cookie monster drummer.. I believe it was. :g:

I remember those bad ass pens you were making...hope you get back to that...they were really nice.

I wish you the best in your recovery...and hope you can stick around and enjoy the community like the old days.

Best wishes. :)

Mike

Good to see you back phoband..I was just getting started here when you were having some issues. I miss the cookie monster drummer.. I believe it was.

I remember those bad ass pens you were making...hope you get back to that...they were really nice.

I wish you the best in your recovery...and hope you can stick around and enjoy the community like the old days.

Best wishes.

Mike

Thanks bro. I miss making pens. I have to get a garage to setup my wood shop. Apartment living is not conducive to power tools. I have a huge box of woods, just sitting basically in storage :(. And animal drumming, close you were on sesame St. Since you are familiar - can you tell me how to get- how to get on sesame St.

Hey Pho, Got your PM, I started writing you (i had a almost a full page)

and I answered an email and came back and it was gone..

I wil write you tomorrow.. You son is one handsome guy...

That should really keep you going.. One proud father well deserved...

MM

That happens to me often. And I ramble on so it's usually a ton of info.

Check out these 2 photos. (1)- age 12 mo (2)- 4yo (3)- 5 yo (within the same month from the age 4 photo) his physical development is amazing. Photo 2 - we told ben he needed to take on "big max" as is clearly visible, he was freakishly large for our league. We said, listen, your our big guy we need you to block him in our playoff game. (we played them twice the week before and max and his teammates are very physical.) But ben said, ok, I will block max. And he played his little heart out. You can't ask for anything better from your kid that in the face of a challenge they rise to it and fight through a tuff assignment. We did double team him much of the night on offense, you see the other kid a few steps away. But ben also lined up on defense against max and blew past him to the backfield often before the other kids on the line engaged.

Coaching pee wee football easily the most enjoyable thing I've ever done.

post-1267-132435827816.jpg

post-1267-132435829472.jpg

Thanks bro. I miss making pens. I have to get a garage to setup my wood shop. Apartment living is not conducive to power tools. I have a huge box of woods, just sitting basically in storage :(. And animal drumming, close you were on sesame St. Since you are familiar - can you tell me how to get- how to get on sesame St.

Oh thats right. :bangin:

Oh well..easy come..easy go..little high...little low..

]