When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Critique my sub

teoulennon

cg = crown guards, the points around the crown. They are too thick and the wrong shape.

The rehaut (ring of stainless steel surrounding the dial) design is much improved on the TW sub from BKLM23424324.

Also, the dial text color is a little too grey and the laser crown on the crystal too prominent.

You would enjoy a $100 noobmariner or even better, if you liked this one so much, I think you would appreciate a BKLM21323 TW sub.

here's a noobmariner I sold over a year ago.

dsc0253bo.jpg

While not a great watch, it certainly presents an oppurtunity to practice or acquire modding skills. With a caseback opener, a set of screwdrivers, maybe a pair of tweezers, and some sandpaper, polish and maybe a small micro file, you could trim the crown guards. It's not that hard to do and is certainly one of the most worthwhile mods anyone can do.

A $10 watchmaterial pearl would also be a good cheap repair. I personally hate seeing a bezel insert w/o a pearl in it.

And that swiss 2836-2 could always be used in a better case. Maybe you buy an a21j noobmariner, trim the cg's, swap in a watchmaterial pearl and put in your 2836-2 (I'd swap in the dial, hands and movement altogether). Then you'd have a nicer beater, along the lines of what cht has.

But if you really like the Submariner, it's probably best to just get in line w/ bklm1234 and get the TW Best sub that he's putting out these days. It'll run in the $400+ range, I would imagine, but is well worth it.

BTW, the date mag on your watch is fine but the '8' is slightly low in the date window. The etched crown on the crystal at 6 o'clock is pretty noticeable, too.