When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What's up with the 318?

Physher007

I've never been a fan of 005, but that being said, I can't really get over the picture of the brooklyn bridge. Just seems like such an odd thing to have engraved on your watch.

Also, wouldn't anyone familiar enough to call you out on the movement of your 005 also know that they only made 150 of the 318.

I guess I'll just put it in the category of things I will never understand - with women, cricket, and skinny jeans

I've never been a fan of 005, but that being said, I can't really get over the picture of the brooklyn bridge. Just seems like such an odd thing to have engraved on your watch.

Also, wouldn't anyone familiar enough to call you out on the movement of your 005 also know that they only made 150 of the 318.

+1

Same thoughts here...

Hi mate,

don´t understand your question. I also wasn´t a 005 fan, but bought the 318 and think is really incredible for 200$. See all reviews comparing it with the gen, and then you´ll understand.

If you don´t like the BB engraved on the CB, that is another thing, but it really gives it an exclusive aura to the watch. Much better than the open CB with that horrible movement.

Edited by pabler

I have nerver heard of any genuine pam movement ( 6497-2) that is the lowbeat one!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP XXIX = low beat, only used in the 318

Yes, 318s we're limited to 150 but they we're never terribly expensive nor are they hard to find for sale. Actually they retail for less than the 005k.

Caseback pics here...

img20110518205413.jpg

Edited by briank996

Also, wouldn't anyone familiar enough to call you out on the movement of your 005 also know that they only made 150 of The318

More importantly, wouldn't they know the case back is FAR from 1:1. The 318 CB on the gen is sharply engraved with a lot of detail. This one looks like the 318 case back when viewed through the bottom of a beer mug.

the case back is FAR from 1:1.

Not really true - the rep 318 caseback engraving is pretty close to gen, I've handled the genuine article (and own the rep).

And the 318 gen is fairly easily available, as an earlier poster said. Though its always been a couple of $k more expensive than the 005 wherever I've seen it.

More importantly, wouldn't they know the case back is FAR from 1:1. The 318 CB on the gen is sharply engraved with a lot of detail. This one looks like the 318 case back when viewed through the bottom of a beer mug.

They are bad pictures. I know my word doesn't mean much but I am really picky about things like this, I pretty much won't wear anything unless it couldn't pass for gen in an AD. It's really good.

I guess I'll just put it in the category of things I will never understand - with women, cricket, and skinny jeans

Thanks for that laugh it's brightened up my day! :drinks:

Just sitting and staring at the small sub seconds dial on my 005k dial, reading this thread and wondering who in their right mind can tell what beat rate this thing is.............well at least when it is on my wrist and NOT not on a service bench! :whistling:

Either way, both are great lookers and great value as we all know well. :victory: