When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best Looking Dress Chronograph

What in your opinion is the best looking chronograph?

Give me some ideas please.

It they are highly accurate reps, the better.

Ideally they should be around 44-46mm in diameter. I like large watches, but larger than that, my wrist won't take them.

Thank's again!

Panerai 288K. It's large, elegant (as far as Panerais can be elegant), and an excellent replication.

Personally, for a dress chronograph I would go with a first-generation Heuer Carrera, a Rolex 6238, or a Cal.321 Seamaster. Smooth bezels, monochrome dials, and small pump pushers would make them blend well with a suit.

+1 on the 288K best out the box rep IMHO.... the key is the strap with these..... so it can be worn for any occasion depending on strap choice :)

Ebel 1911 day/date by far! Or as suggested by Dave, a BCE always looks good!!

Chopard MM GTXL are always nice too, as is the Breitling Blackbird, pictured beside the BCE.

All are in your 44-46mm range!

Ebel day/date on the left

post-18919-0-21272200-1306510397.jpg

BCE on the left and Blackbird on the right

post-18919-0-90845800-1306510417.jpg

Ebel Discovery chrono on the left and IWC Ingy on the right (also another great choice!)

post-18919-0-14254800-1306510450.jpg

Chopard MM GTXXL Ltd Ed Gray dial on the left and MM GTXXL SpeedBlack 3 on the right, also a Ltd Ed.

post-18919-0-00550600-1306510474.jpg

Hope these help!

Sixx :bones:

... check out IWC's Portuguese Chrono. It wears large for its size and it's relatively simple. It's also very very close to the gen right out of the box.

Whatever you do with this watch, do not buy the standard automatic version. It has very serious problems with the movement, so pretty as it is, it is also very likely to fail. There are two alternatives: Concepta's franken which is very expensive and quartz which is less accurate. Both work though.

damn Nikki ya got some nice watches :)

Thanks man!! There are three boxes of the buggers!! I went a bit nuts to begin with, but slowly whittling them down.

Will be more going on sale soon, needs must!

Here is a pic of the Breitling SOHC that hackR suggested to the left and the Breitling B01 that Bike Mike suggested!

post-18919-0-29249500-1306533832.jpg

Dutchies gold HBB sounds amazing and I hate gold! Although he is perssuasive as he managed to sell me a Rose gold MM GTXXL!!

post-18919-0-54556300-1306533849.jpg

The HBB in the pic (I'm guessing so anyways) is a special order that Dutchie done for a group buy, never heard anything but pure praise for it!

Sixx :bones: