When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BKs 116610 LN vs Gen

neversummer

Hello fellow watchlovers

Here is a BKs SubC with modded datewheel that I bought a couple of months ago. No need to mention the excellent service of BK, his name has already became well-known brand in our society.

There are two "giveaways" that bug me a lot, at least according to the pictures as below (Gen is on the left, quite obviously)

1. The hands. My God they are ugly on a rep. Look at the tip of the hour hand. Note also the difference in the minute and second hands.

2. CGs - need shaving, at least 3 mm has to go. An easy fix.

3. The bezel insert looks ok to me, even though numbers seem to be bolder on a Gen.

4. There is a strange rim around cyclope on a Gen. Might be an artefact though.

Does anybody know if its possible to source a decent set of hands that would fit this watch, if yes where?

Thanks for looking!

/NS

post-31347-0-83935600-1307910719.jpg

• 1 month later...

I've always wanted to see this, thanks for the pics. A difference can be clearly seen based on the shots...but its just that... were comparing two pics shot with different cam angles and lighting. Maybe an actual side by side would be a better comparison. Are there any side by side reviews out there?

There is a post I made somewhere in the Rolex section of actual side by side pics that I took of my gen ceramic sub when I had a BK sub sometime earlier this year.

Obvious differences are the crownguards, Thinner bezel, hour markers, hands to name a few.

There is a post I made somewhere in the Rolex section of actual side by side pics that I took of my gen ceramic sub when I had a BK sub sometime earlier this year.

It's here:

It's a brilliant post. I pinned it.

• 4 months later...

I can't believe that no one has noticed the HUGE sized elongated lugs on the genuine, vs the rep which look much thinner, shorter and more like the older 16610 model.

It's hard to believe how the Noobfac could miss on such a BIG detail. This is by the far the worse Rollie rep I've seen in a long time, no offense mates, but the first thing a factory should do before launching a whole new model is do their due diligence. had they done that, they would have known that the biggest upgrade Rolex did was thickening the lugs and increasing their size to give the watch a sportier look, with a thicker hour marker, shorter crown guards to show off the crown besides some minor improvements in the movement. This rep is light years away from the Genuine case structure, much less the dial!

It also weighs lighter, some members on the forum suggested it be stuffed with plumb pieces or something to increase weight, a desperate endeavor of course since there is not enough room to fit such thing.

This was not a 1:1 dissection for sure. Just another stupid chinese joke in my opinion. I hope they fix those very soon. and good luck!

Here is a shot of Gen. Notice how wide and tall the lugs are. You can feel their presence in the construction of the case, as the dial and bezel sink in it.

sub62.jpg

Sneed,

Did you keep a record of the cost in parts & time to complete this project?

I'd like to buy a rep ss sub-date c but with all the errors on them that have been pointed out on RWG, I'm reluctant to drop over $400 dollars on one from BK.

If the cost is reasonable, maybe you could start selling these modded versions !!

all the best

Ian C.