When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Submariner 9411

Ueno

Hi guys, I got this a few days ago, so far so good. But I will be doing a few work on her,She is getting some gen hands on today or tomorrow. Well today I just installed a clark crystal 125 on my Tudor sub 9411. The 125 crystal is the right one for this model. But The date seems to be a bit too large. Is it totally wrong? Is it ok/alright? Is it so bad? or Is it jut fine? I would love to Know what you guys think.

Here are some pixs...

DSCN8935.jpg

DSCN8945.jpg

DSCN8946.jpg

DSCN8947.jpg

DSCN8950.jpg

DSCN8955.jpg

Edited by Topoky

Hi I will post a profile side pic later. I believe I installed the crystal very well. I don't think it is sitting too far up from the dial. perhaps I was sent the wrong crytal, maybe I got a 127 for the rolex 1680 instead of a 125 crystal. could that be possible?

It's possible, but I doubt it. When I first got my Tudor it had a gen 127 on it, and it was a little off to the side of the date window. Your's looks centered correctly, it just has the wrong magnification amount. My guess is that the aftermarket clarks crystal just has the wrong amount of date mag on it.

What movement are you using in this one? The date wheel looks a little off to me

My advice is to get a t-19 domed crystal. It lets you keep your date window (though you have to squint to read it) and at a quick glance the watch looks like a no-date Sub. The best of both worlds! :tu:

Here's a 2824 with gen t-125 crystal:

post-32-0-35323100-1308254700.jpg

Here's the same watch with a t-19:

post-32-0-90271500-1308254627.jpg

Alright I just went to see this guy I know and he happened to have a tropic 125 crystal, I think It is a gen, I am not sure. anyway I removed the big date mag one and just installed this new one. I knew it was way too large, I believe It is just perfect now. I am glad This guy had this crystal sitting around. I will post some pics for you guys to tell how it looks.

Cheers

Hi sorry, forgot about. I got the whole watch from J&W. Honestly I am pretty happy with it, and after I install the gen hands, it should be just done I think... Oh well I will eventually try to get s/s bracelet or I might do a mesh, don't know yet.