When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Helpful people in GZ - MasterCard Details Revealed

thogaa

Glad to hear it will be alright. I take it from your title that you believe it is result from a watch purchase?

Not 100% sure - but the only transactions for the past couple of months on that card are watches :g:

Which dealers have you been using?

I am not saying that it's unsafe to use cc with our dealers - just that I suspect ePay95 not to be safe :whistling:

A few dealers use this gateway to receive payment. - Nothing to do with the dealer so I won't mention him

$17.900, you mean seventeen THOUSAND?

Holy c**p, that's terrible. Thank God the bank is covering it.

I've never used CC for this very reason.

2. to save the heartache, I have a ccard with a low limit for internet use

Citi lets you create 'Virtual Account Numbers' (a disposable CC number) linked to your regular card where you can set $ amount and time limits and limit to a single vendor. These can be basically use once and throw away credit cards. Very useful for these sorts of transactions.

Citi lets you create 'Virtual Account Numbers' (a disposable CC number) linked to your regular card where you can set $ amount and time limits and limit to a single vendor. These can be basically use once and throw away credit cards. Very useful for these sorts of transactions.

That is genius! Is this Citibank? Not sure if we have them Down Under.

That is genius! Is this Citibank? Not sure if we have them Down Under.

Yes we have Citibank

But the good old debit card works, simply you can only spend the money you put in it so if it is a watch account just keep $500 there.

Better yet don't buy from China with CC in the first place.

Ken

Update

The bank manager called me yesterday explaining that the transactions have been cancelled - The cc carries a "self risk" (dunno what it's really called in eng) of $300 - basically this means that I carry the risk of fraud from $0-$300. :angry:

However they decided that this has nothing to do with my actions and he told me that everything is reset and like it never happened - even the card reissue is for free. :shock:

The CC data was probably part of a massive leak in the US and several other clients have had their accounts vacuumed.

I asked for a third card with a $1000 per day limit - the REP card :lol:

Update

The bank manager called me yesterday explaining that the transactions have been cancelled - The cc carries a "self risk" (dunno what it's really called in eng) of $300 - basically this means that I carry the risk of fraud from $0-$300. :angry:

However they decided that this has nothing to do with my actions and he told me that everything is reset and like it never happened - even the card reissue is for free. :shock:

The CC data was probably part of a massive leak in the US and several other clients have had their accounts vacuumed.

I asked for a third card with a $1000 per day limit - the REP card :lol:

:shock: :shock:

That's messed up! A while back my wife had her card cloned online (while purchasing from a FairTrade clothing store :bangin: ) and it was used on an online gambling site for about £100, but the bank still took care of it. Glad to hear your situation has been resolved though :):victory:

Glad the bank did the right thing. I do have one thought for people worried about their credit card and cloning via the internet. If you already have the funds I have found it worthwhile to set up a separate account with a debit card and I just flow the account I need from the real account to the debit card linked account so there is never any risk beyond the amount of the transaction. At least in the U.S. all the banks are under tremendous pressure to set up new accounts so they are happy to open one for you.