When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who can help with deal gone wrong?

RealReplica

I've had a deal here about 2 weeks ago with a member from the UK, I live in Ireland and he said he sent the watch on Monday the 27th of June, normally a parcel would take about 2-3 working days to arrive from the UK if not special delivery. I've got parcels sent from China after that that already arrived, other from Sweden that was sent this week on Tuesday and it arrived Friday... and nothing of the one sent on the 27th.

This guy, when I enquired about tracking info said he sent it without tracking, after I had told him that it must be tracked. I'm not too worried about the money as I paid via Paypal Goods and a dispute has already been opened and escalated and the seller has failed to reply to all my communication via PM here, via e-mail and even Paypal so this should be a pretty simple decision for Paypal. The problem happens when I asked 2 of the administrators of this site for help regarding the member so I could investigate and see what I could find out on the guy and both admins over 48 hours ago have been on several times and haven't even bothered to reply to my PMs.

Being a member of staff in another board and being used to deal and help fellow members resolving their issues with pretty decent success it is surprising for me to see the way the admins treat the members of this site... maybe its only the non paying members or maybe is only for members of staff of another board, either way it is disappointing.

Can anyone from the staff help me with finding out some information on this guy before I make it all public so we can do a behind the scenes investigation to try and find out who he is to avoid future scams?

If so please pm me and I will give you the details you need.

Thank you.

RR

Certainly you should at least name the member so as to protect other members from falling in to the same situation whilst you are settling yours. Not sure who you contacted, but remember its summertime and guys may be on vacation or at the very least spending more time away from the site.

Apologies for not immediately coming back. Yes we do have day jobs. I reached out to the seller yesterday. If we do not get any response within a few days we go from there. Your particular seller as of yesterday had not been on the forum since the 30th. What we don't do is hand out IP addresses and personal info. (to the extent we have it) until it is absolutely necessary. If the person is truly scamming you he will be banned as we would do in any situation. And I have no problem with you revealing the member name the minute you are legitimately concerned (and you clearly have a right to be.) If he is innocent he will respond and clear his name. Since you have filed your paypal claim well ahead of the end of the dispute period and more importantly prior to informing us you have declared war on him anyhow.

And on being a mod that is what I am most surprised about. Does the admin team at Geeks advise people to file a legal claim first (that is what the second level of a paypal dispute is) and then inform the mod team? I suspect you will get a response via your paypal dispute first since his account is now frozen. In any case when and if we get a response we will let you know. And if it is in fact a rip-off we will of course take appropriate action.

Edited by Watchmeister

Watchmeister, thank you for looking into this, per my request. And thank you for taking the time to write this very kind reply.

However, you owe no apologies.

RealReplica, you owe the staff of this board an apology for your insinuations and accusations. We don't hand out personally identifying information regarding our membership. We do research behind the scenes however, and come to consensus as a group before making decisions or taking action.

I suppose I could apologize for not putting my plans on hold over the last 48 hours, and not putting your request at the top of my Most Important Things In The Whole World list ... but I won't.

Now tell Watchmeister thank you, and consider that public apology.

Unfortunately the impression I get is that the Op feels he is special because he is a team member of another board.

Well above I hope he sees the wake up call..."Everyone is equal on RWG"

Ken

Before things get out of hand Ive dealt with realreplica before i.e. I have bought a watch off him, AND he has helped me solve a really troublesome trade. Fantastic guy, and im sure he hasnt intended any malice towards this forum or the great guys that look after it!

But yeah, the staff / admin also have busy lives to lead and I guess we need to be a bit patient sometimes!

Hope all gets sorted for the best! ;)

I wish the op well with his situation. That being said,the staff here has always responded to my pm's and have always been very helpful to my needs. We must remember that these people(staff) have family/lives that come first,a little patence and understanding Is a must.

Watchmeister, thank you for looking into this, per my request. And thank you for taking the time to write this very kind reply.

RealReplica, you owe the staff of this board an apology for your insinuations and accusations. We don't hand out personally identifying information regarding our membership. We do research behind the scenes however, and come to consensus as a group before making decisions or taking action.

I suppose I could apologize for not putting my plans on hold over the last 48 hours, and not putting your request at the top of my Most Important Things In The Whole World list ... but I won't.

+100

It's appalling a member of RG staff comes here to public scorn the very helpful and competent admin team for not dropping everything and running to your rescue.

1) as a member of the staff at RG you should know how demanding it can be

2) not being a noob you know what actions to take on your own

3) demanding a fast turn around for your little problem with a public call while you contribute nothing here (unless is to make excuses for the problems at RG) is really of bad taste.

Maybe you should limit your deals with members of your own board so you don't need to depend on the admin team here.

It's funny though, you go filling PP disputes just because you don't have the patience to wait for the member or the admins to respond. Well, I can't say I'm surprised.

+100

It's appalling a member of RG staff comes here to public scorn the very helpful and competent admin team for not dropping everything and running to your rescue.

1) as a member of the staff at RG you should know how demanding it can be

2) not being a noob you know what actions to take on your own

3) demanding a fast turn around for your little problem with a public call while you contribute nothing here (unless is to make excuses for the problems at RG) is really of bad taste.

Maybe you should limit your deals with members of your own board so you don't need to depend on the admin team here.

I have to disagree. Within 2 weeks to file a dispute? A definite noob in my book if you'd aske me.

And to acuse the admin team of discriminating paying members over non-paying is absolutely ridiculous.

I have to say the protocol of the admin team in these kind of situations is of the highest class. Listening to both sides of the story before jumping on the bandwagon the lynch a guy. Here on RWG one is not outlawed just by mere acusation.

By the way, this is out of my real life experience with a deal gone sour. Admin team handled it exact like watchmeister posted.

IMO since RWG itself is not a part in the agreement between users they go beyond of their factual responsibility.

And to acuse the admin team of discriminating paying members over non-paying is absolutely ridiculous.

not only that, he doesn't contribute anything here (only posts to make excuses for RG) and wants to tell the admins here how to handle the disputes demanding IP addresses, etc.

What a joke.

We always want folks to feel free to spend time on all of our forums and to buy and sell as they see fit. I know I do. But what we don't want is to hear about an issue after you have filed a paypal dispute/claim and then expecting short term or any results on our end.

Everyone should know that once you have gone the claim route you haven't fired the first shot. You've fired the last one. There are plenty of circumstances where it does make sense to begin a paypal process. But we view it as a last resort - not a first. Geeks may have a different approach. Needless to say the seller hasn't logged in since nor has he responded but of course we will continue the outreach.

And to be clear, if the seller does not respond and the buyer is out his money the seller will be banned and his relevant info circulated to all the fora admin teams to stop him from scamming anyone or anywhere else (whether the buyer is a paying member or not ;) ). Most importantly, everyone enjoy the remainder of the weekend. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Make that 72 hours and not a single reply from any admin staff... Yes I also could appologize but I won't. I am a member of staff from another board and when a problem occurs it jumps to the top of my priorities to at least reply to the member that we're looking into it. That's all I asked for for any of the members of staff contacted to aknowledge the PM and see what they could do on their side to prevent it from happening to others. My bad for wanting to protect your membership through this. You can ask any member of the geek that contacted me personally with a problem that hasn't got a reply within 24-48 hours and I'll donate you and the board here $1000 for each one you find, I also have a job and a family by the way, just in case you're wondering. When we become "staff" we have an obligation towards our members, at least that's the way I see it, perhaps I'm wrong about it or different sites operate in different ways.

Yes I did call out the admins in RWG in this thread, but the thread was done with the intention of getting some replies as to what would be the best way to go about this. Being ignored for 3 days by 3 different staff members in the middle of a problem is quite frustrating you have to admit.

While I do understand that we all have lives besides the forums, I also seen the said members of staff logged in for several hours on the 3 days that I sent the messages and if it wasn't for this thread there would be no reply. Now everyone is offended that I revealed that this issue was ignored for 3 days by 3 different people.

Just to make things clear the Paypal process was initiated (not concluded yet) as a way of getting the member to communicate after numerous attempts to his e-mail and PM box here with no success. The Paypal procedure wasn't open prior to contacting staff in here but after receiving no support or aknowledgement from any of the members of staff contacted. There's no war watsoever with the member, I want him to comunicate and that's all same as I wanted from the staff of this board.

I do not wish to bring drama into your house and much less prolong it so this will be my last post in this thread, I think we all wish at this stage the issue had been handled differently by all involed and it hadn't come to this stage. Feel free to close the thread at your discretion.

I'd like to also thank the members of staff that PM'ed me and replied to this thread with offers of help. Thanks a lot!

Make that 72 hours and not a single reply from any admin staff...

I'd like to also thank the members of staff that PM'ed me and replied to this thread with offers of help. Thanks a lot!

Funny, this seems contradictory.

PS: I did not see an apology there. Great way to make friends and ask for HELP

Funny, this seems contradictory.

PS: I did not see an apology there. Great way to make friends and ask for HELP

Funny how you're always in on every opportunity to raise issues with the geek or its staff... this has nothing to do with you mate, move along and leave the drama alone.

Before things get out of hand Ive dealt with realreplica before i.e. I have bought a watch off him, AND he has helped me solve a really troublesome trade. Fantastic guy, and im sure he hasnt intended any malice towards this forum or the great guys that look after it!

My last trade with J M went bad and RR was extremely helpful from the RG side

Its one thing to talk about patience and another to actually be patient when your azz is on the line - hence I do neither :D

Funny how you're always in on every opportunity to raise issues with the geek or its staff... this has nothing to do with you mate, move along and leave the drama alone.

the drama comes from a person that should know better than complain publicly about a staff that's nothing short of stellar. Funny how most of the drama around here comes from RG's spill over.

PS: I wonder what would happen if a staff from some other board would create this kind of public scorn against the RG staff there. Oh wait, we all know that. BANNED, since that's the standard of HELP the RG staff has in store for the members that dare to question anything.

the drama comes from a person that should know better than complain publicly about a staff that's nothing short of stellar. Funny how most of the drama around here comes from RG's spill over.

PS: I wonder what would happen if a staff from some other board would create this kind of public scorn against the RG staff there. Oh wait, we all know that. BANNED, since that's the standard of HELP the RG staff has in store for the members that dare to question anything.

Funny how you keep bringing RG to something that has nothing to do with it... get over it already!

The issue was between myself not RG and the staff of this board, again not RG. The issue has since been sorted by very helpful staff in here and they have been all thanked here and in private for their help.

If you have issues with RG bring them over there, not in this board that has nothing to do with it. You can also PM me any concerns you have regarding RG that I'm always happy to help.

Now please move along and leave RG alone that it has nothing to do with this thread or this forum.

Edited by RealReplica

Funny how you keep bringing RG to something that has nothing to do with it... get over it already!

The issue was between myself not RG and the staff of this board, again not RG. The issue has since been sorted by very helpful staff in here and they have been all thanked here and in private for their help.

If you have issues with RG bring them over there, not in this board that has nothing to do with it. You can also PM me any concerns you have regarding RG that I'm always happy to help.

Now please move along and leave RG alone that it has nothing to do with this thread or this forum.

Interesting, you're the one that brought up how things work at RG. Your previous words led me to believe your were claiming RG and it's staff is vastly superior in your quest of ridding the Internet of scammers. Of course that doesn't apply to your board's owners.

Yes I also could appologize but I won't. I am a member of staff from another board and when a problem occurs it jumps to the top of my priorities to at least reply to the member that we're looking into it. That's all I asked for for any of the members of staff contacted to aknowledge the PM and see what they could do on their side to prevent it from happening to others. My bad for wanting to protect your membership through this. You can ask any member of the geek that contacted me personally with a problem that hasn't got a reply within 24-48 hours and I'll donate you and the board here $1000 for each one you find, I also have a job and a family by the way, just in case you're wondering. When we become "staff" we have an obligation towards our members, at least that's the way I see it, perhaps I'm wrong about it or different sites operate in different ways.

What I can't stand is someone that should know better to come here, riding a unapologetic high horse and say a word about the great staff we have here. With the glass ceiling your guys have over your board, that's ironic.

And I'm sorry, I'm not going to move along when this much hypocrisy is in front of me.

As to bring anything up at RG, that only leads to things being thrown under the rug and members banned.

I'm not going to keep dragging this, you haven't been on RG for over 1 year and you don't know what you're talking about so I'd suggest you minded your own forum and left the ones you've been banned from alone, but again if you have any issues with RG or any of its staff or members please do not hesitate to contact me anytime. Other then that I'm not available to feed this kind of discussion that leads nowhere.

Enjoy your day.

you haven't been on RG for over 1 year

yes, I've asked for my account to be deleted given the fact your owner is a crazy crook. I wonder how you can't check it.

However one doesn't need to log in to see that kind of things that spill over: stealing raffle money, asking raffle owners to return their prizes, asking the membership to pony up money to pay for Julio's transgressions that happened with full knowledge of his partner, denying wrong doing, etc.

@ RealReplica you don't want to apologise to the 2 team members you complained about that are both far more experienced than you, then don't, but forget about trying to justify yourself.

Ken