When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor...

Ueno

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

43272059.jpg

29911482.jpg

40943695.jpg

60487542.jpg

Added a gen pearl, and a different bezel. I can finally say that this one is now officially finished. Although I'm still considering a MBK case to replace the current Cartel 5512 (CGs).

Edited by blix

I have - but not with this 76100.

Has anyone tried doing that mod yet? Looks to me to be nearly impossible without bending/damaging the hands. I have steady hands, but not that steady.

Great stuff, blix. Have you thought of "lollipopping" the Mercedes hand on your 76100?

alterego: Beautiful Monte Carlo (and others)!

Has anyone tried doing that mod yet? Looks to me to be nearly impossible without bending/damaging the hands. I have steady hands, but not that steady.

I don't recall too many 76100s, unfortunately. Snowflakes get all the attention.

Sorry, I'm only a theoretical modder! :pardon:

I have - but not with this 76100.

Best dial combo ever :tu: :tu:

I have tried the mod, but it is really fiddly to do, and in the end, I couldn't be bothered to actually install the hand :bangin::pardon:

I have two hour hands at my disposal, I'll try it with those first. Thanks for the offer, though. Asian 21j hands have a smaller radius than ETA movements, right?

I'll try my luck tomorrow... hopefully it'll work out. :brow:

I still have it... It's sized to fit an a21j movement, and not in the best condition after the procedure, but it's yours if you want it :)

DSCN4181.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'm bringin' it back baby!!! I've been waiting a log time to get my 7032 back from my local watch-smith so i can finally add a post to this thread. Well, she's back from the spa as it were. I tried the assembly myself but got in over my head a little. Anyway, i'm very pleased with the watch. DW case set, Ebay 7734 movement with 45 min counter, 7636 bracelet from Trusty and fully serviced and assembled by watch-smith. A few (large...sorry) pix:

P1090353.jpg

wordpress image hosting

P1090357.jpg

gif upload

P1090356.jpg

gif upload

Can i be in the club now? Am I cool now? :victory:

If the thread was wrong it would probably be totally stripped and spin in short order. I've had gen 6mm crowns have the "clutch" going bad which makes them intermittent...

Oh, and one quick question: The watch-smith said that the crown slips intermittently when winding. Is that due to possibly a 1.20 tap and not the proper .90 verity?

Unfortunately, I'm at work and can't see your pictures right now (so your membership application is on hold), but do you have a gen crown fitted? My DW 6263/7750 came with a very slippy crown, and it was a sensation that can drive you up the wall. The biggest slips felt as if they were taking a horrible toll on the movement!

Unfortunately, I'm at work and can't see your pictures right now (so your membership application is on hold), but do you have a gen crown fitted? My DW 6263/7750 came with a very slippy crown, and it was a sensation that can drive you up the wall. The biggest slips felt as if they were taking a horrible toll on the movement!

I'll clear a spot in my wallet for my membership card to await approval. As far as the crown, it's a DW stock crown. What the watch-smith (certified master watchmaker) told me was that the crown is designed for an automatic movement, not a self-winding. Any idea what he means by this?

What the watch-smith (certified master watchmaker) told me was that the crown is designed for an automatic movement, not a self-winding. Any idea what he means by this?

Hmm... I'm guessing he means that it works great for setting the time, but sucks at actually winding the movement!

I recommend you get a genuine 703 as soon as you can. You'll feel an immediate improvement, and it will look great as a bonus. If you're feeling especially sporty, try shooting for a period-correct 700 Twinlock. Inferior design to the Triplock and much more expensive--it's obviously the one to get!

Hmm... I'm guessing he means that it works great for setting the time, but sucks at actually winding the movement!

I recommend you get a genuine 703 as soon as you can. You'll feel an immediate improvement, and it will look great as a bonus. If you're feeling especially sporty, try shooting for a period-correct 700 Twinlock. Inferior design to the Triplock and much more expensive--it's obviously the one to get!

LOL. I guess the search begins. I think i'll roll with what i have for now though. I'm already knee deep into this project. Thanks for the tip either way LHOOQ.

When you find your new crown don't necessarily believe it when they tell you it works perfectly.

I paid a pretty penny for a 6mm Brevet crown for my Submariner, and discovered the threaded tube inside the crown turns in its cage as I try to wind the movement. YARGH!

I can set the time, but that's all.