When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Read this Now!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought one just to check and the billing is done via Sears though.

I'm still very suspicious but hopeful. The listing says NEW so ...

I've saved all the pages though for my dispute later with Sears ;)

I did too.... lol

either they send us wit this price

or

they cancel it...

I think they'll cancel it

Kinda confused. Sears allows third parties to sell through sears website?

Says its sold by GSM On Sale

Never bought through Sears so I'm just wondering.

This is typical practice with online retailers. Amazon started this marketplace option where you pay Amazon but a 3rd party company is the one that fulfills the order.

the 16 gig page has been taken down, but i managed to check out with the 32 gig version. i give it a really low chance that i end up with a 32 gig pad 2 for $200, but i guess we will find out!

deltatahoe

edit to add: i paid with my mastercard. didn't see the paypal option (nice thinking txcollector -- that would have been even safer)

The way I see it AMEX is safer if you have it available.. PayPal would actually hold up my money... AMEX holds up theirs. We'll probably either get refunded, get a cheap $75 tablet from China stating it's a "comparable replacement" or they will just disappear.

i just sent an email to Sears' Senior Vice President of e-Commerce (his email was on my order confirmation) expressing my concern about how the sale would be handled given it is not Sears selling the product; will be interesting to see what he writes back (if anything).

deltatahoe

I bought one of the 32gb thru PayPal. It's definitely a Sears Web Site since I couldn't remember my previous password and had to get an e-mail from them to re-set it. Had live chat and everything. Certainly a phishing site wouldn't be that complicated.