When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

did anyone receive the new PAM187?

sahboo

Hi All

Here is a pic from one of my customer who lined his first PN187 replica against his genuine. He told me he only pay 5% of the price of a genuine for a Trusty Time and thinks its 95% or more like the real deal.. What do you think?

Andrew, I must that this is a very solid effort and one heck of a rep. Even so, I do have a suggestion. The rep CG is still an instant tell. I'm sure the factory can do a better CG given the quality we have seen on the other recent PAM reps. The other flaws (bezel numerals, date window position, thick dial market outlines, short hands at 3 n 9 subdials) are minor in comparison, but consider fixing that CG if there is a chance of a v2.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Andrew, I must that this is a very solid effort and one heck of a rep. Even so, I do have a suggestion. The rep CG is still an instant tell. I'm sure the factory can do a better CG given the quality we have seen on the other recent PAM reps. The other flaws (bezel numerals, date window position, thick dial market outlines, short hands at 3 n 9 subdials) are minor in comparison, but consider fixing that CG if there is a chance of a v2.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Some people just don't get it. A replica will never be the same! Never. If they correct the CG they will build in a flaw somewhere else. Don't want to be an ass but I've been around since the early beginning of RWG1 and the quality and accuracy our reps has improved so much over the years! This is the golden time for replica's and honestly I'm getting tired of all those anal people nit picking about the smallest details. Yes! There are differences and Yes! they can be approved. Can the factories do that? Yes! Will they? NO! There will never be a 100% accurate replica as it would be genuine... think about it. We always wined about the sunken date wheel. That was the biggest tell. If they could please correct that that would mean everything to us. Now they correct that and we are bitching about other details. I would never want to be a replica dealer as I would probably kill myself. To me it seems like the least rewarding job on the planet.

I like this movie (from Repgeek)

e

Some people just don't get it. A replica will never be the same! Never. If they correct the CG they will build in a flaw somewhere else. Don't want to be an ass but I've been around since the early beginning of RWG1 and the quality and accuracy our reps has improved so much over the years! This is the golden time for replica's and honestly I'm getting tired of all those anal people nit picking about the smallest details. Yes! There are differences and Yes! they can be approved. Can the factories do that? Yes! Will they? NO! There will never be a 100% accurate replica as it would be genuine... think about it. We always wined about the sunken date wheel. That was the biggest tell. If they could please correct that that would mean everything to us. Now they correct that and we are bitching about other details. I would never want to be a replica dealer as I would probably kill myself. To me it seems like the least rewarding job on the plant.

Ik like this movie (from Repgeek)

e

I don't think anyone is demanding for perfection here. But considering the prices that some of these reps are being touted for these days, it's only fair to explore the possibility of fixing the more obvious flaws especially when you know they are well capable of doing it. The bars will always keep getting raised over time, and people will come to expect more over time. It's human nature.

No different from cellphone technology advances. 5 years ago, we all thought that color LCD screen on a phone was the bomb. Now, we [censored] about why a high resolution touchscreen can hardly be read under direct sunlight.

It's never enough. If it were enough, we'd lose the notion of progress. Same goes for rep makers :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Perfection is being demanded in a way. This watch is so far from it's predecessor that it's difficult to even compare. And complaining about the prices is ridiculous as well. To modify watches close to perfection often requires countless hours of part sourcing, paying someone to do, or doing the replacement yourself, AR cost, case shaping, gen parts, etc... People don't hesitate to spend thousands to make 'perfect' reps. Something this good, out of the box is amazing!! Could it be better, sure.... Is it a replica, YES. People want 99-100% of the gen and only want to pay 2-3% the price. The gen 187s sell for over 13k!!

This watch is great, the CG could be better and the hand lume shouldn't match the indices... That being said, I will own this rep, and perhaps I'll modify it as well. Great effort in making this watch!!!

Hi All

Here is a pic from one of my customer who lined his first PN187 replica against his genuine. He told me he only pay 5% of the price of a genuine for a Trusty Time and thinks its 95% or more like the real deal.. What do you think?

Where did the 5% go wrong? Seems closer to 99% identical. Perhaps not for scuba diving :whistling:

Price wise and value for money then its a great rep.....

As for percentile comparison to gen then you need to go a lot lower....

Just received mine, and very very impressed. Makes the Honpo edition that I have ($1,000.00 then) look very poor,

amazing value for money, don't really see many issues out of the box. Now I will give it a full service.

Richard

I think you just found yourself the world's most expensive rep crownguard. But it will be the best $800 you ever spent. ;)