When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

"Sign" here! Bring Back the SSD petiton!

mcdj

21 members have voted

1. 1. YES! I WOULD BUY AN SSD!

• YES!

I considered making one of those online petitions for this, but I thought better of it. Instead, I'm adding a poll here.

The factory obviously has their reasons for discontinuing the SSD. It seems unlikely that it's because they're introducing a V3, as the V2 has been discontinued for quite some time. I suspect sales were just not up to speed for whatever reason(s), and keeping the tooling around for the occasional odd order was probably cost prohibitive. Add to that the high (probably much higher) demand for the DSSD...

Anyhow, there seem to be plenty of people on the rep boards who would continue to buy SSDs if they were available.

My theory on the SSD's demise is that once word got out that the watch was discontinued and the trusted dealers stopped "stocking" them, inquiries about the watch dropped off and we have merely been selling/trading the remaining pre-owned ones back and forth to each other for the past 6 months. That is to say, the dealers and the factory have no idea how much people still want this watch because people have stopped asking them directly for it.

So, this may be a longshot, but my hope is that if we can get enough people to vote "YES I WOULD BUY ONE", and get the cartel dealers to show this thread to their contacts at the factory, maybe they'd see enough demand to reissue the watch in some capacity.

For it to work, I assume there would have to be some sort of group pre-order via one of the cartel dealers to get the ball rolling. Not sure how that would work. I do know though that money talks…merely having 100 people say they would "probably" buy an SSD won't likely be enough to motivate the factory.

It may also be that we would have to reconsider how much we'd be willing to spend. I believe the ETA SSD V2 was $228 before shipping (maybe more?). I don't know about you, but at this point I'd be willing to pay $350-$400 for a brand new QC'd one.

So, if you would DEFINITELY order a new SSD reissue, vote YES. Obviously it's not a contract, but please don't vote if you aren't 100% sure you would buy one, and please be open minded about the price. If we're to have any chance of organizing the power of the forums to institute a change at the factories, we have to mean what we say.

it said there maybe a 1:1 seadweller coming soon from trusty. his FB page has a dial lume shot. stay tuned, but I wouldnt get too excited just yet.

As for why they stopped making the SSD? my opinion is the wanted to make the dssd instead.

Thanks for the info!

If they produce this watch that would be great and I'd buy one.

For now I'll just continue transforming mine into a 166600...

I recently bought a matte dial for it.

:)

cbce71e7.jpg

I just got email confirmation from Trusty that there is indeed a new superlumed 16600 in the works and should be out in about a month! Hopefully the new release will correct the incorrect minute markers on the hands! I cannot wait as I just sold my ssd about a month ago and regretted it the minute I left the Post Office.

I wonder why you would want to bring back a rep that had so many flaws it was a joke! There have been rumours of this watch for a long time from Taiwan makers so who knows one day it may appear. For me it is the best model Rolex have ever made. let's hope they give a thicker rehaut this time so at least it looks more pleasing!

I just got email confirmation from Trusty that there is indeed a new superlumed 16600 in the works and should be out in about a month! Hopefully the new release will correct the incorrect minute markers on the hands! I cannot wait as I just sold my ssd about a month ago and regretted it the minute I left the Post Office.

Don't worry, I take care of her everyday! :)

I wear it on a nice vintage tropic rubber strap!

What do you mean by 'incorrect minute markers on the hands!?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

I wonder why you would want to bring back a rep that had so many flaws it was a joke!

Amen to that.

The initial SSD was total crap. There was absolutely nothing done correctly on that replica.

Let's hope the TW version is going to be better (if that's what they're talking about). Perhaps it's the unfinished WM9 project? :D

Amen to that.

The initial SSD was total crap. There was absolutely nothing done correctly on that replica.

Let's hope the TW version is going to be better (if that's what they're talking about). Perhaps it's the unfinished WM9 project? :D

Although I'm sure that's not the case...it certainly would be cool.