When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A little more class please.

Normally I like watches with plenty of buttons and dials and such however it occurred to me that I really should have at least one classy dress watch in my collection.

So, give me some examples of what you think is a plain but classy looking dress watch.

To give you an idea of what I'm talking about, something similar to this:

http://img.watcheden.net/products59eview/96/96154/20110521200608_69724.jpg

I went a little nuts with mine- I have $3k-ish into it:

-Genuine 1803 DD dial for a WG model

-Genuine hands

-Genuine Rolex caliber 1556 movement

-Genuine DJ case modified to fit the 1556

-Genuine service day/date wheels

-Genuine 25-135 crystal

-Genuine 24-600/24-6000 crown/tube

-Genuine 78360 movement

But every day I look at it, I love it more and more :)

Every watch I've posted here is a "value watch" .. the dealers do not overcharge for them, and they can be had for close to 100 bux!!

The Lange has a fantastic double-barrel winding box with a 80+ hour reserve. The IWC F A Jones has a sublime engraved movement, and the sunburst dial on the Glashutte is hypnotizing in the sun.

If you wear a Crazy Hours, you will be approached by people all the time asking what it is and how it works.

Every watch I've posted here is a "value watch" .. the dealers do not overcharge for them, and they can be had for close to 100 bux!!

The Lange has a fantastic double-barrel winding box with a 50+ hour reserve. The IWC F A Jones has a sublime engraved movement, and the sunburst dial on the Glashutte is hypnotizing in the sun.

If you wear a Crazy Hours, you will be approached by people all the time asking what it is and how it works.

I have not been able to find that crazy hours anywhere. It makes me sad inside.

I have not been able to find that crazy hours anywhere. It makes me sad inside.

If they have discontinued the silver sunburst dial rectangular Crazy Hour, then your option would be to buy that watch in any strap color and any dial .. then replace the random color strap with a nice gator, like Gran did in the photo above and Mod in a Gen silver Crazy Hours dial bought in the after-market.

I admit, their pictures could be a trifle better, but I find it an easy place to browse for stuff if I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for.

Speaking of which, I'm leaning heavily towards this:

http://www.watcheden.net/glashutte-original-classic-automatic-with-white-dial-leather-strap-i-47451-p-1.html

I had no idea that anyone made a rep of the "bubble back" display back from Glashutte. The Senator Sixties (shown above) should have one, but it does not.

I cant tell if the rep you are showing me has a sunburst dial, like the rep I showed you.

AH KB thank you for reminding me ...

vco06.jpg

*swoons*

Which one is the double-barrel with the 80+hour? I saw what looked like a 'seconds at 6' 6498 type dial. More delicious info on this one. And under 100 bucks? Mmm mmm mmm :)

Which one is the double-barrel with the 80+hour? I saw what looked like a 'seconds at 6' 6498 type dial. More delicious info on this one. And under 100 bucks? Mmm mmm mmm :)

A.L. & S model 1815 ... comes in white dial as well .. note the double spring barrels. The movement manufacturer says 80 hours, and one member here claims 86.

post-29026-088053700%201278642166.jpg