When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Rose Sub Dial Experiment

jmb

Now that I'm getting the hang of it this one only took a couple hours to rough out instead of two days!!

The majority of the text and indicies are very light in this "print" as that's the way I have to specify them to get them to print out correctly...

post-24124-0-53725600-1311791070.gif

Here's a "proof of concept" dial with the peel 'n' stick stuff. I think this might stand a chance of looking respectable on regular decal paper. I need to "tone down" the "Tudor" script as it's bleeding a bit but everything else seems to look OK.

post-24124-0-14852400-1311800452.jpg

Here's a "proof of concept" dial with the peel 'n' stick stuff. I think this might stand a chance of looking respectable on regular decal paper. I need to "tone down" the "Tudor" script as it's bleeding a bit but everything else seems to look OK.

I think that'll look really nice on the decal paper :good: I think one of these would be ideal to case it all up in :)

• 3 weeks later...

freddy, thanks for this shot as I can definitely work up a CAD drawing from this! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

So, everything in the "middle" is white and everything toward the "outside" is gold? My printer can do metallic (foil) gold...

Teejay, since you bought one of those watches, I forgot to ask you, how is the bezel/crystal arrangement?

E

In terms of accuracy to the gen? Absolutely no idea whatsoever :pardon: The bezel rotates quite easily, without slipping or rotating of its own volition, and the case doesn't flood when it gets wet :victory: I've never wanted to take it apart to see what might be swappable, as I always found the factory issue satisfactory :)

@Teejay

Gotcha.

@Freddy333

I have a dial similar to that, but doesn't have the dash above the 6 o'clock marker. what is the diameter of the dial?

I test fitted the dial in the 5514 case and the case's rehaut is a shade over .5mm smaller than the dial. Do you know whose case(other than modifying this case myself) has the correct opening?

E

So, everything in the "middle" is white and everything toward the "outside" is gold?

Yes.

A few notes -

The top of the triangle at 12 is slightly rounded.

The outside circumference of the rose is not perfectly round. There are small indents in-between the 'petals' & the lines that separate them.

You should be able to draw an imaginary line through the horizontal lines in the (660) 'ft'.

You might consider leaving the lume sections blank so they can be 'painted', which will look more accurate.