When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Emergency

Dani

Hey all

Just got my first gen and as i em not a big fan of forums like TimeZone and Paneristi becasue the way they look down on us replica fans i will post this here.

I em 21yr old and this is my first high end genuine watch if it had not been for replica watches i woud never got into watches so to all anti replica heads watch intrest can spark from many angels not only MONEY :D

Ok lets start meet up whit my friend and driver for a long drive to the airport

134652-18406.jpg

And here is me

134652-18407.jpg

Ohh no traffic is sloooow :yawn:

134652-18408.jpg

The airport

134652-18409.jpg

And since the seller is activ in the norwigan defence/airforce no pics from trade he was a fighter pilot F16 in Kosovo before so my watch have been used as it shoud up in jetfighters :thumbsupsmileyanim:

And for the FINAL The BOX

134652-18410.jpg

Hope you enjoy my pics more to come soon :victory:

Cheers,

Dani

Very cool narrative, Dani.

Now let's see some wrist shots!

134808-18387.jpg

134808-18388.jpg

So, what happens if you trigger the Emergency homing beacon when there is no real emergency? Do you get into trouble/fined?

depends on what area you do it and so on but from 15000 to 45000$ ticket is a reality.

Cheers,

Dani

So does that thing emitt some sort of ID signal too - I mean putting the beacon out and in wouldn't hurt... No one's gonna know.

Anyway, nice watch and nice pics.

You have to pay since the watch is registerd to your name and as i see it no way to get out if you trigger it.

But its easy to avoid i bought this watch becasue i have always whanted to be a pilot and this was the ultimate breit in my eyes also.

Cheers,

Dani

Who cares about the beacon....

The fun really starts when you run low on juice from the batteries with this thing.

A friend of mine has a Breitling Emergency.

He thought it was pretty cool until he had to get new batteries (yes, there are two in there).

He took it to the AD and guess what.... they had to send it in.

Final damage: $460US.... :Jumpy:

So don't you play with those nice LCD's too often. :lol:

Who cares about the beacon....

The fun really starts when you run low on juice from the batteries with this thing.

A friend of mine has a Breitling Emergency.

He thought it was pretty cool until he had to get new batteries (yes, there are two in there).

He took it to the AD and guess what.... they had to send it in.

Final damage: $460US.... :Jumpy:

So don't you play with those nice LCD's too often. :lol:

Yupp i now its costy as hell,but in the end i now my AD he is a friend of the familiy so i will get it cheap i hope :g:

In Norway a gen croc leather band from AD cost 500$ :black_eye:

Cheers,

D

This is sick... and shows me to never buy a genuine Breitling. Paying 460US$ for two 5$ batteries is way too much to ask. I don't think these are special batteries in there - most probably any watchmaker can change them. I would try that before I think of feeding 460US$ into a companies mouth that obvoiusly needs to rip people off... And I always thought Breitlings were a good bang for the buck...

I dont regret one moment to be onest but i see your point 100% its just stupid that they need to ship it to breitling to change 2 batteries and the cost plus time ti whait is just sick.

But again its just have it is good service history will give back to you when re selling.

Although I don't have the time to look it up, I would put good money on the fact those aren't 2 $5 batteries in there. Although a lot of it is for show (the case and such), that is meant to be a professional tool that could and probably has saved lives. It would be too much of a liability risk for the company to put cheap components in there that run down often. That being said I am sure there is PLENTY of markup still built into the battery change.

Edited by chief3630

Congratulations on your new watch, Dani! Nice choice! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The king of Quartz watches.. ( besides the Omega X-33 of course! :p )

Just like with old second hand prestige cars, like Bentley, Rolls Royce and Porsche.. The may be cheap to purchase, but cost of parts and service takes some of the joy of the ownership...

Congratulations on your new watch, Dani! Nice choice! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The king of Quartz watches.. ( besides the Omega X-33 of course! :p )

Just like with old second hand prestige cars, like Bentley, Rolls Royce and Porsche.. The may be cheap to purchase, but cost of parts and service takes some of the joy of the ownership...

any reps of this model?

anybody know?

thanks!

Richard Lawton had a reasonable one, I recall. I think he also bought a genuine. Perhaps ask him?

PS: Congrats Dani, great watch!

Richard had one for sale in the old RWG. Perhaps the watch is long gone... but you never know. He has hundreds of watches so you might just send him a pm.

I recall it looked good.