When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bad news for French members...

prdubis

Sorry Freddy.

The article says french Customs seized 1500 counterfeit articles at the french post despatching center. They narrowed the inspections to parcels coming from China, HK, and Taiwan.

Usually, parcels shipped through Airmail were not as checked as ones shipped via express...

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

Translation according to Google Translate:

Customs and the Post Office seized in July, some 1,500 counterfeit items mainly from China as part of an operation in central customs postal sorting Chilly-Mazarin (Essonne). For five days last month, customs officers and postal workers have controlled the entire 1600 package arrived at the center of international trade Chilly-Mazarin from seven countries targeted for the occasion, said in a statement.

The center treats a total of 12,000 parcels per day, 5000 on imports.

On all these packages, 4% contained counterfeit products and 1500 items were seized. These were mainly textiles, toys, telephone, or costume jewelry. These goods were almost all from China and Hong Kong.

Main source of counterfeit products entering Europe, China rise in 2010 and provided 85% of the products seized at EU borders, revealed in mid-July the European Commission in a report on customs operations.

Customs and La Poste are that "the explosion of e-business, 300 million packages were shipped to France every year" and that "this activity is growing + + impacted by fraud, including counterfeiting."

During the operation in Chilly-Mazarin, 65 kg of tobacco and drugs were also intercepted.

French Customs has "found in 2010 19 500 fraud on the postal carrier and has seized nearly a million counterfeit items, 36 tonnes of tobacco and 1.87 tons of drugs," says the statement.

That is what I am thinking. Certainly, the French government wants to bow down to powerful business interests, and stop counterfeit goods but who is paying for all that enforcement. Where does the money come from to stop these goods.

The money is not available to do this every day.

• 3 months later...

Confirmed! My latest PAM "Ghost" was seized by french customs. Now they ask for a 300€ fine to drop the charges. :wounded1:

Joshua (from whom i bought the watch) has advised me to tell it was a gift from someone on the forum and to refuse paying the fine. What would you do?

Confirmed! My latest PAM "Ghost" was seized by french customs. Now they ask for a 300€ fine to drop the charges. :wounded1:

Joshua (from whom i bought the watch) has advised me to tell it was a gift from someone on the forum and to refuse paying the fine. What would you do?

Hi yangui I have not yet been in your position regarding customs Seizures but if josh is willing to either re send your or refund as it is held is customs, I would probably follow his instructions. He's been doing this for a long time and has probably had this many times before.

Do the trusted dealers cover customs seizure?

Hope you resolve your problem buddy.

Cheers

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Joshua would send another watch but I won't take the risk to get caught a second time.

The problem is that french customs have been doing these controls randomly since this summer. I had one watch passed without a glitch but this time ... well!

Furthemore Joshua couldn't provide any past experience of someone denying being the owner of the contrefeited goods. I guess I will take my chance at paying the fine, because otherwise it could lead to something much more painful for me ... :unsure:

That sucks big time! :cry:

Hi yangui I have not yet been in your position regarding customs Seizures but if josh is willing to either re send your or refund as it is held is customs, I would probably follow his instructions. He's been doing this for a long time and has probably had this many times before.

Do the trusted dealers cover customs seizure?

Hope you resolve your problem buddy.

Cheers

Ryan

Don't count on that. French customs have found the deal and now I don't see them stopping controls just before Christmas time ...

These guys are really good ... when they are willing to! :rolleyes:

I read that because French Customs Officers work a 16 hour week, 30 weeks a year and retire on full pension at 40, it takes 2.8 million state employees to check the parcels. Approximately 5% of GDP relates to parcel opening... :p

My dilemna is Joshua tells me to blame it on someone in this forum who would have sent me a gift which is a fake watch ...

Did someone ever do that? Joshua insists that I should do that. But he also said there was no problem when I reported the watch had been stopped by customs...

Edited by Yangui

Your 1000€ fine was for another watch in the mail? Gasp!

Was it a sort of recidivist fine ?

Pay the fine...I've been caught twice, and add to pay a 200 euros fine first, and a 1000 euros one the second time...I am now in the Customs files :(

Edited by Yangui