When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wait! Did Andrew make a mistake and sent me a Genuine Planet Ocean?

cwai02

Ordered the 4th gen PO on Mar 7th. The first batch was sold out. So, Andrew shipped it on Mar 14th when he received the second batch. This is the best Omega rep I ever had. I am pretty sure it can trick most of the watch freaks.

The only obvious problem is the word "Planet Ocean" on the cover is not engraved. I checked the gen PO 42mm. The Omega logo is really close to the word. So I don't think it's flaw. The hour hand is about 1mm-2mm shorter than the gen. Nobody can notice this without comparing to the gen. Also, the omega logo and hands turn black when viewing from different angles. It's not obvious on the rep, but it does turn black

You never know when will the rep factory be closed. I suggest you to order one instead of waiting for the 5th generation. Sometimes they make it right, but sometimes they make it even worse.

Also check here for a comparison with the genuine PO:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=3459

Some pictures that I just took. Enjoy.

10444-4888.jpg

10444-4889.jpg

10444-4890.jpg

10444-4891.jpg

10444-4892.jpg

10444-4893.jpg

10444-4894.jpg

10444-4895.jpg

10444-4896.jpg

10444-4897.jpg

10444-4898.jpg

10444-4899.jpg

10444-4900.jpg

10444-4901.jpg

10444-4902.jpg

10444-4903.jpg

10444-4904.jpg

10444-4905.jpg

10444-4906.jpg

Edited by cwai02

i think i am going to have to buy me a camera like yours, fantastic shots, and man i cant wait till my po orange monster gets here, yours looks better than mine lol

I just received the same 4thGen PO from Andrew, and it's a magnificent watch in every way: workmanship, weight, finish, details, the right orange color on the bezel, engraved back, etc. The only real flaw is that (and I don't think this was true of earlier versions) the Omega logo and name at the top (just beneath the 12) are actually touching, that is there is no space at all between them. On the 3rdGens, the space was about half of what it is on the gens, but on mine, there is no space at all. It LOOKS as if your watch is the same. Is it?

What do you mean by that??... I do see 'Planet Ocean' on your case back.

What he could have meant is that the engraving is more "faint" thsn the rest of the words on the clasp? Maybe he could clear that up for us? :p

Anyway, bloody GREAT pix, I must say! :thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim: Wish I could take pix like that... :whistling:

Btw, is there AR coating on this 4th generation PO? Really tempted to get one soon... :wub::wub:

not to rain on the lovefest here.....but the only thing holding me back is the omega touching the omega horsehoe logo. thats like the first thing u look at on the watch...the logo...what kind is it..o its an omUega....at least its not also a seaNaster or a seaHamster. do i buy now with the logo thingy, or wait till 5th gen...which could take a step backwards as well.....this is the quandry.

it does have ar coating a blueish hue to it i showed some pics of it with my review, my logo was not touching the print underneath though

also he meant the planet ocean looks etched on the caseback not engraved like on the clasp, hope i answered what u were asking

not to rain on the lovefest here.....but the only thing holding me back is the omega touching the omega horsehoe logo. thats like the first thing u look at on the watch...the logo...what kind is it..o its an omUega....at least its not also a seaNaster or a seaHamster. do i buy now with the logo thingy, or wait till 5th gen...which could take a step backwards as well.....this is the quandry.

Me too! ... the 'omega' and logo touching bugs the crap out of me!!

it does have ar coating a blueish hue to it i showed some pics of it with my review, my logo was not touching the print underneath though

also he meant the planet ocean looks etched on the caseback not engraved like on the clasp, hope i answered what u were asking

WOW, thanx rbj!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Btw, ar coating's on the underside of the crystal? :cc_confused:

• 1 month later...

So many great pictures :thumbsupsmileyanim: but not one single one of the movement or when submerged. I will be waiting for the continuation of your picture series.

Regards

Gunnar :)