When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Swissreplication.com?

Susanm

Really don't think that you would be getting a swiss movement at those prices.

This one is listed a $569 including shipping and box and papers. Josh has the same watch listed at $308 + $88 for Box/Papers + about $30 shipping. I really don't think that the could put a $400 movement in there and charge less than $100 more than the asian version. If it seems to good to be true, it likely is.

breitling-watch0022-1.jpg

That said, the pictured Serie Speciale seems to have a very nice datewheel on it for a Navitimer rep.

If you even get the order in the first place. You have to be careful as there are a lot of scam sites out there.

What some members do is buy the asian one and either have the movement serviced, or go the franken (frankenstein) route and purchase a genuine movement for the watch. It costs more money that way, but part of the fun of building a franken watch is the time spent sourcing the parts.

Really don't think that you would be getting a swiss movement at those prices.

This one is listed a $569 including shipping and box and papers. Josh has the same watch listed at $308 + $88 for Box/Papers + about $30 shipping. I really don't think that the could put a $400 movement in there and charge less than $100 more than the asian version. If it seems to good to be true, it likely is.

breitling-watch0022-1.jpg

That said, the pictured Serie Speciale seems to have a very nice datewheel on it for a Navitimer rep.

Indeed,sounds to good to be true. If you were to have the caseback opened, chances are good you will find a Asian 7750. Not a bad thing really. When serviced they can be as accurate and reliable as there Swiss counterparts. I have had many chronographs with this movement with very few problems. I would also stick with the rep dealers here,good luck.:) Mike

As TTK said... the only chance to receive anything "Swiss" with those watches is to hope that the Chinese construction (child) worker dropped a piece of Toblerone in it.

Come on guys... that's a good old fashioned scam site, plain and simple.

Best of luck with your purchase, but after spending a few minutes on their site, I'm very skeptical. Here's a pic from their site of an "Omega Co-Axial Deville Hour Vision Swiss watch" on SPECIAL for $649 with a "Genuine ETA 25 Jewels Swiss Automatic Movement". Beside it is a pic of my Omega Hour-Vision rep that I bought in Shanghai for $45. It's a cheap Asian movement (ST1632 I think), yet it looks remarkably similar to the Swissreplication watch. :wounded1:

You be the judge!

post-37252-0-44230000-1313374813.jpg

Edited by odourboy

New members that don't heed the advice given here will have to learn the hard way. Never made sense to me.

:pimp:

You may well be right.

But without such members sticking their necks out, new TDs will not be found. And we need new blood all the time.

In this case the member is well aware of the risk. This purchase costs us nothing. But if by a fantastic piece of luck all works well, the whole forum would benefit.

I love the people that come in and ask for advice and then go on with their purchase from shady dealers. That's about as obviously bogus as any I've seen since Blue Fakes and Zenithmotor were around. They also advertised Visa and Mastercard but their service was always "down" so they offered you a 10% discount for using Western Union instead.

Make sure you let us know how it turns out!

I'm a newb here and I'm trying to learn as much as possible before pulling the trigger on a good rep.

The best thing to learn is that the trusted dealers on this forum (and others) have been doing business with members for years and have a proven track record of honesty and service.

You can buy from any Internet place you want to, but ... 85% chance you will be screwed over.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok guys, the watch came as advertised and though I'm no expert the quality to me seems spot on. The box and paperwork was topnotch and the packing was considerably better than my experience from Asia. What I will do next week is take it to my trusted watch repair expert to open it up and tell me what the movement is. One thing is for sure, they are no scam. I paid by Visa and the site never "went down," so I was completely protected at all times! If you can find a dealer who will transact like this there is little to lose in trying someone new and perhaps adding a new "trusted dealer," especially one with Swiss movements (if that indeed checks out), as I have yet to find any "trusted dealer" who offers them across many makes and brands.

That may be so, but as I have already shown via a photo from their site .. they sell $50 reps for $600 and call it a "special sale" ...

Another example .. on their front page, they have a Noobfactory Rolex GMT IIc with a clone ETA movement. It is a $145 watch. Their price is $669. I could go on and on, one rep at a time but it is very obvious that they are charging you at least double fair price..

Their UPO is $740! Fair price for a clone ETA upo is around $200 ..

I have to admit .. I don't know why they would lie about an A21j watch being Swiss and then be totally honest about an ETA clone being such. Odd :bangin:

I'm glad you received the watch you expected.

You may well be right.

But without such members sticking their necks out, new TDs will not be found. And we need new blood all the time.

In this case the member is well aware of the risk. This purchase costs us nothing. But if by a fantastic piece of luck all works well, the whole forum would benefit.

"we need new blood all the time" :g: really? Between RWG and the other rep sights we have a very good collection of the best dealers In the business. They have proven themselves over and over again over the years. Lets say the dealer you purchase from dosent deliver the goods,you're pretty much [censored]. Do you really want to explain to PP about your replica purchase? I know I dont. If you use one of the trusted dealers here and something go's wrong,well big difference. The RWG staff/dealers and community at large will do everything they can to help get things sorted out. After knowing this, if someone still wants to try a new dealer,good luck.

Ok guys, the watch came as advertised and though I'm no expert the quality to me seems spot on. The box and paperwork was topnotch and the packing was considerably better than my experience from Asia. What I will do next week is take it to my trusted watch repair expert to open it up and tell me what the movement is. One thing is for sure, they are no scam. I paid by Visa and the site never "went down," so I was completely protected at all times! If you can find a dealer who will transact like this there is little to lose in trying someone new and perhaps adding a new "trusted dealer," especially one with Swiss movements (if that indeed checks out), as I have yet to find any "trusted dealer" who offers them across many makes and brands.

I would love to see some pictures of what you received.