When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Asian 7750 Reliability?

Monsieur

Hello everyone,

I wanted to know more about other peoples experience with the Asia 7750 movement. In general, is it reliable, or would it be smarter to stick to a non-chrono movement like the Swiss ETA 2824-2 movement for around the same price. Is there any noticeable difference with the smoothness of the second hand movement between the two?

Thank you for your insight!

The Swiss and the Asian 775x movements have 200+ parts in them.

As-delivered in a replica watch, you have no guarantee at all that either a Swiss or Asian is clean or oiled. They are probably dirty and dry no matter which you buy.

People who buy Swiss or Asian 775x movements in replica watches are strongly urged to service them as soon as possible, and then after that you can probably relax for 3 to 5 years until it's time to service again.

This is just simple reality. You buy a mega-complicated chrono movement and you have to splash out extra dollars to care for it.

• Like 1

The Swiss and the Asian 775x movements have 200+ parts in them.

As-delivered in a replica watch, you have no guarantee at all that either a Swiss or Asian is clean or oiled. They are probably dirty and dry no matter which you buy.

People who buy Swiss or Asian 775x movements in replica watches are strongly urged to service them as soon as possible, and then after that you can probably relax for 3 to 5 years until it's time to service again.

This is just simple reality. You buy a mega-complicated chrono movement and you have to splash out extra dollars to care for it.

Well said. Nothing more to ad!

Also look here to see how a movement could be delivered.

As said Swiss or Asian is irrelevant when it comes to non-factory-vacuum-sealed movements. It all depends on the age of the movement and the quality and expertise of the watch smith that assembled it.

Got my first rep, a Skyland Avenger, in 2008 and have had no problems with it at all and it hasn't been serviced yet.

I got an Ebel Discovery in 2010, the subdial at 12 never worked, but it didn't really bother me, and now I can't change the date via the crown so it looks like it's service time for that one.

You pays your money, you takes your chance!

They are workhorse movements that are very good. The Asian movement works very well and I have never been let down.

As already mentioned, they can run well for a while unserviced, but often not much care is given in oiling and generally cleaning the movement in the rep factories. It is advised, if you intend to keep the watch for more than a year, to get it serviced. In that sense spending another 200 bucks is not too bad.

Some A7750 may come dead or run badly when it first arrives, but that is one of the first lessons in this game, a rep is a rep.

My 2cents:

Before you buy a watch so equipped, ask yourself if you'd spend an extra $200.00 up front for it...

so that $275.00 rep suddenly becomes a $475.00 rep!!

IMNSFHO, I refuse to buy ANYTHING that I know is going to, automatically, almost double in cost, just to function properly...

And even "properly" functional A7750's often experience premature failure if you decide to do something as "outrageous" as use the functions built into it...like the stop watch feature!! :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

My 2cents:

Before you buy a watch so equipped, ask yourself if you'd spend an extra $200.00 up front for it...

so that $275.00 rep suddenly becomes a $475.00 rep!!

IMNSFHO, I refuse to buy ANYTHING that I know is going to, automatically, almost double in cost, just to function properly...

And even "properly" functional A7750's often experience premature failure if you decide to do something as "outrageous" as use the functions built into it...like the stop watch feature!! :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

OR.......

At $475 often a fraction of the cost of the genuine counterpart you won't only have a watch that looks like the real deal. It will also perform as the genuine.

So if it looks, performs and is as reliable as a genuine... why buy a genuine? All the extra $$$ are solely for the brand name mark-up. Oh yeah and a piece of paper they call a 'certificate'. Never figured out why people are willing to pay $3000 and up for a piece of paper :lol:

OR.......

At $475 often a fraction of the cost of the genuine counterpart you won't only have a watch that looks like the real deal. It will also perform as the genuine.

So if it looks, performs and is as reliable as a genuine... why buy a genuine? All the extra $$$ are solely for the brand name mark-up. Oh yeah and a piece of paper they call a 'certificate'. Never figured out why people are willing to pay $3000 and up for a piece of paper :lol:

I agree 100% $475.00 vs several thousand dollars,small compromise Imo. There should be no unexpected issues with the use of the stopwatch once the movement is serviced. See The Zigmeisters movement reviews. I have many 7750's that have not been serviced yet and still function like they should.

My 2cents:

so that $275.00 rep suddenly becomes a $475.00 rep!!...

Yes I am agree but you don`t have to pay at once 475$, It is more easy to spend 275 and after a few month, when you really decided to keep it spend 200 more.

If you have 4-5 watch, 2-3 of them with 7750 mov., you can deal with service cost.When 20+ watch then yes...not a point probably.

After servicing you have a very good watch for 5-...years. If once decent servicing is done for movement I don`t see point to do it after 5 again, next service will be done whan watch movement will not working correctly, not before. If once mov. is lubricated-controlled correctly it will not die so easily.

To be honest, I had a few watch ( and still have two)with A7750 movement and most of them were not working properly at some point.So if you decided to go with A775x mov. you better think -keep it and service or just keep it and use till it stops. With second option you will lose $ anyway. Almost all rep movement need servicing, so no matter do your watch has A7750, 6497 etc, if you really like it very much( and only then), servicing is needed. You don`t have to service it but if watch will stop in the end what will you do? Major loss if you try to sell it as non working , bigger bill if you like to service it then( some parts need to be changed already then).

BTW If something will bother you on your rep: dial color, hands set finishing, case finishing etc. don`t spend extra $ for service, you will sell it at the end probably anyway. Servicing will have point only then when you 100% like watch as it is and you will like to wear it after 5 year also. And think about watchmaker also, cheapest is always not he best.

1) What do people do with their "ultimate" reps that stop working. Do they just become paperweights or is there a market for them? I have a Cartier Ballon Bleu ETA rep that lasted 6 months before it stopped.

2) I'd love to get it "fixed" but have no idea how as I am unsure what repair shops in the Philly area would even repair it. Or is there a place I can mail it to (i.e. a reputable repair person on RWG that will service these reps?)

3) Any guesses on cost to repair an ETA rep (i.e. change out the ETA mechanism?)

Thanks!

Never figured out why people are willing to pay $3000 and up for a piece of paper :lol:

Well if these people didn't exist (myself one of them and very happy :) ) you wouldn't be here looking for a copy of what we own. :lol:

That said,i have owned alot of rep chrono's and as mentioned above,get them cleaned and oiled if they are keeper watches,i as well have had issue's caused by this. Aside from that,the A7750 is great,these days. :)

1) What do people do with their "ultimate" reps that stop working. Do they just become paperweights or is there a market for them? I have a Cartier Ballon Bleu ETA rep that lasted 6 months before it stopped.

2) I'd love to get it "fixed" but have no idea how as I am unsure what repair shops in the Philly area would even repair it. Or is there a place I can mail it to (i.e. a reputable repair person on RWG that will service these reps?)

3) Any guesses on cost to repair an ETA rep (i.e. change out the ETA mechanism?)

Thanks!

Talk to KATT on RWI .. he's a trusted watchsmith over there, and does business out of MN .. good turn-around time and very reasonable pricing. It's not as difficult or expensive as you may think for a member here to fix a watch properly at a trusted repair shop and have it last for years.